Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

working destruction RTMs on visitor placed model

Hi folks

Me and DeanosBeano are working on destruction RTMs for some palms, regarding an island I'm building, but in general to find out how to use them for buildings and trees.

vysilac_FM is a tower which has the animation RTM working even if the object has been placed in Visitor (so not editable via mission editor you know).

now we came to a problem more than an obstacle: we are trying to do the same for our palm models, but we tried different tricks, none of them worked so far.

Ok, please answer to these questions:

Does Visitor need in Project preferences a config?

1) See the image as reference: do we need to put something in Config class name box?

bohww1.jpg

2) if yes, what config? island config, or model config???

THIS IS THE ANIMATION I'VE DONE FOR THE PALM, AND CONFIGURED WITH DEANOSBEANO (keep in mind that these models are placed in mission editor, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this topic tounge2.gif):

VIDEO

Thanks for the tips you'll give us

Linker Split

I've never touched it, and you'd be best to send an email to BIS asking whats its for rofl.gif .

As said.......never touched said gadget...........

As for Vysilac_FM, the animations are probably set in any model.cfg used by BI when they originally binarized it for the game, much like the bridge destruct animations.

Whether plants will work with building type destruct animations is another matter..................unless they are configured as buildings of course.....in that case they probably don't sway gently in the caribbean type ocean breeze.

Planck