Sign in to follow this  
sgtstarfox

ArmA wont start

Arma and OFP crashes on me at the load boxes if I have a certain USB device plugged in (Fisher Price thing for my son). Not sure why its just certain games, but Monolith games crash too. Took me a few days to figure out as games ran fine at first and only started crashing a few weeks after the USB device was plugged in.

If I unplug it everything loads and plays just fine. Maybe see if some USB device is causing the issue.

Ok, I installed Age of Conan(for early release) and by mistake loaded the ArmA icon....now it loads, but I get that nasty black screen like this guy gets: menuissuele2.th.jpg

Atleast I can fix it now, and play, maybe get enough play in before AoC is released. rofl.gif

I suggest anyone with this issue install a brand new Vista enabled game, I think when it installed AoC it updated directx somehow. Thats all that it could be. huh.gif

I have a similar problem.

1. I click the ArmA shortcut

2. The box of boxes shows up

3. Boxes check up to the last two and stops

4. The pc immediately shuts of and reboots

It gives no error messages at all.

It happens with ArmA 505, Queen's Gambit and 1.14.

These are my computer specs:

AOpen AK77-600GN

AMD Athlon XP @ 2Ghz

512MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce FX 5600XT (256MB)

DirectX 9.0c

I do however have the (legal) copy of the game installed on my laptop, but was planning to move it to my desktop pc. (Planning to buy a new modern one, but first wanted to test)

Any suggestions?

512MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce FX 5600XT (256MB)

Thats your problem right there mate, you need to upgrade. sad_o.gif

I do however have the (legal) copy of the game installed on my laptop,

Are you saying that the copy on your desktop isnt legal? Don't answer that but thats another obvious problem.

banghead.gif

No lol, I'm not saying that.

I have 1 copy of the game, but I'm trying to install it on my desktop too (I will remove it from my laptop).

I don't have any illegal copy of the game. That would be very unrespectful!

Are you sure the RAM and GPU are the problem? They meet the minimum requirements and other games (like Half-Life 2 and such) still run very smooth.

No lol, I'm not saying that.

I have 1 copy of the game, but I'm trying to install it on my desktop too (I will remove it from my laptop).

I don't have any illegal copy of the game. That would be very unrespectful!

Are you sure the RAM and GPU are the problem? They meet the minimum requirements and other games (like Half-Life 2 and such) still run very smooth.

Actually you don't meet the minimum requirements. Your 5600 is to low. 6600 is the minimum (the 5xxx series is a fake dx9 card...). And depending on your Display(CRT or LCD) Res. and refresh hz, you may just be just be to low to load.

it maybe do to the amount of RAM you have that it goes into full reboot. You may not have enough resources to recover from a crashing game. 512mb is WAY low for modern games and Arma. As for Hl2 ect, Source engine games are so optimized for older hardware and scale the best of any games out there, they shouldn't be used as a comparison to Arma or any other games/engines, they are the best at scaling hardware.

Ok, thanks for the help. Really appreciated. thumbs-up.gif

I was already planning to buy a new desktop, so I'll wait with installing ArmA till then smile_o.gif