Sign in to follow this  
Yoshama

Armored first

I am playing the armored first mission and every time the silly little bmp takes out one of my tanks. one time i finally defeated the fist base but they blew up my support trucks. any help?

Dont attack them frontaly. The BMPs and AT-teams will blow you to pieces.

Go around the base to the north, take a hull down position in the Hills and wipe the base out from distance.

Do the same with base 2 and always keep your support team safe...there ist a T-72 approaching from the east of base 1 that will hunt them down.

Alternatively, keep your other tanks back at the very start of the mission, watching for that afore-mentioned T72. My advice is to switch into the driver's seat, as being the commander is truly useless.

Creep forward, using the rocks for partial cover until you sight the BMP2. Get your gunner to axe it before it fires its ATGM at you. Then, call the remainder of your tanks to you (skirmish line formation) and desigate infantry targets to the front - those RPG7s can be dangerous! You should see the T72 coming down from the hills to your right sometime right about now. Light it up. If any of your tanks are hit, send them right back to the support group and get them to heal there - a good rule of thumb is not to call your support team up until the first base is cleared. In any case, you shouldn't have to most times, unless a wayward PG7 gets a hit.

From now you should be able to push forward to the southern perimeter fence. Beware the BMP2 hiding near the field hospital - use your tank to take it out (don't trust the AI with intimate situations like this). Then parade around the base killing whatever you please until you get your first objective completed.

En route to the second base, several Ka50s fly overhead; have fun hitting them (if you can). For the second base, I recommend pushing a hole in the western fence and decking the infantry AT gunners as they waltz through. Then, via command view, creep forward and hit the T72s and BMPs waiting in the western part (beware of the BMP2 hiding near the field hospital, again!wink_o.gif. Once the armour and AT dudes are history, you should be right to roll on in.

It takes a bit of practice to get the right level of recklessness and micromanagement that makes an effective ArmA tanker. Good luck, and I hope this helps. smile_o.gif