Sign in to follow this  
talkinBEERmug

Switching Sides in mission.

Here is my problem, I want the players to look like civilians, but not be civilians, Im using triggers to call on other scripts, but I cant have the activation be civilians because we are driving a car, and arma thinks all empty props are civilian. I tryed to make my players join or group with bluefor, or rac, but then he starts giving us commands, even when I sent joinsilent and kill the man he still shows up on the screen to move to him. So I need a way to start as a civilian then change to bluefor, or rac, so my triggers will work.

Hi talkinBEERmug

You could try making each player you want to be playable and start off with the civy as player. Then when you need to switch you simply press the 'T' key and choose which one you want to be.

If you want to have hidden weapons for the civy you could set up 2 radio triggers one to arm you and one to dis arm you and set them to repeatable so you can use them over again. Hope this is of some help.

I'm just a newbie myself at arma but have been Flashpointing for a while.

rgd

cj75s

whistle.gif

I think all you need is a more specific trigger setup, that ignores any empty vehicles.

Try this in the condition line of the trigger:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">({isPlayer (driver _x)} count thislist)>0

It counts any human drivers of vehicles in the trigger (a pedestrian is "driving" himself, so that'll be true as well), and if there are any, the trigger fires.

Thx for the answers,

cjtroop what is the default for the "T" key, and if its somthing to do with switching players in single player, I need this for MpMission.

Kronzky I understand what your saying but do not know how to change the activation of the trigger to what your saying, but I think I will still have the same problem if I can because I need my civlians to become enemy of east in view of east, thats where my problem starts, if I use the setfriend command in view of east they will target me as a enemy but not shoot at me.

I figured out how to do what I need, by grouping the civs to west in the editor, then when map starts the west dies in view of the civs, at that point the civ1 takes the leader role, and he is now bluefor for triggers, and east, then I setcaptive on him so east wont target him. The setcaptive command works even if they are in view of you. My new problem is I dont want to have a dead west soldier and me radioing "Oh No 1 is down, this is blah...".

Well... You didn't say anything about enemy encounters... wink_o.gif

Anyway, you're close. Use the grouping as you've done it now, but instead of killing him off, just set his "Condition of presence" (bottom of unit form) all the way to the left. That way you're still grouped with him (and considered a BLUFOR unit), but he never shows up, and you will also not get any death messages.

All the 'T' key does is give you the option to switch to other players you have marked as playable in the units drop down box.

I think its called Teamswitch. Don't know if it would work in MP tho as units would have to be set up as playable by whoever runs the server.

That is the box marked control.

thumbs-up.gif

Hey Kronzky, I am revisiting a mission I gave up on a while ago with this very same situation and I tried setting the probability to zero and even tried deleting the leader at the start of the mission but then I noticed my other blufor "civilians" would stop following my orders after a while and just kind of "get lost". Does this seem like it is a related issue or has anyone else used this method without problem? Thanks for the feedback!

Rick

I *think* civilians have different AI configurations, so they may not be the best fighters, and could end up running away quite often.

Two things you could try:

1) Set your rank as high as possible

2) Set their allowFleeing value to zero