Sign in to follow this  
FL350

Synchronizing waypoints with triggers

this forums has been a great help for my mission editing thanks, i need something new but

i want a unit to only move to a waypoint, once it is triggered, so for example, an opfor truck with men inside, waits behind a hill, once gunshots start, then truck rolls out into the battlefield and deploys, like a reserve quick reaction team?

i have a " move " waypoint on the truck, and a trigger nearby, the trigger is set to " avtivated by blufor " ( my team ) and thats it. then i attach a synchronise from the trucks move waypoint marker to the trigger.

so in theory the truck wont move until i step into that trigger, but it always doesnt work... can someone explain this process and the exact commands and orders etc, thanks!

;)

also i wanted to maybe use gunshots as the trigger not me moving inside as i may be stealth...

also triggers for men changing from safe to danger once the action starts? nothing worse then an enemy getting up in a lull in the fighting to strap his weapon on his back and walk out the front of the sandbags like its ciggerette time!

You need to synchronize the trigger with the waypoint the unit's are to wait at (not arrive at). Take a look at the wiki article - ArmA - Mission Editor, especially the synchronize section.

For your scenario, I would use a "BLUFOR detected by OPFOR" trigger, with a random Countdown timer so that the trucks start a minutes or so after the shooting starts.

thanks for that, ill take a look at the article and test it all out, if thers any more questions ill messege back

Synchro the trigger to the waypoint, not the waypoint to the trigger smile_o.gif

If you synchro the wp to the trigger, the trigger actvates only the wp is arrived.

Quote[/b] ]use gunshots as the trigger

For this take a look at the addeventhandler commands.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NameofUnit addeventhandler ["fired", {[] exec "MyScript.sqs"}];

narct

Please refuse from typing in all capital letters, that goes for thread titles too.

thanks for the help guys appreciate it ! i got everything sorted