Sign in to follow this  
C.L.A.N.Martin

Linux Server and Mission Scipts

Hi everybody,

we are running a Linux Arma Server (latest Version). When playing a MP Mission (Evo for example) the Mission Scripts do not start or do not work properly. Any ideas how to fix it?

Hi,

same situation here:

2 servers (latest debian etch)

1 Linux Arma Server on each

On the first server the mission scripts are triggerd on second server they dont start. banghead.gif

i cant figure out what the differences between the two machines are except the hardware. kernel version and linked libraries versions are identical on both machines. sad_o.gif

Hi all

My guess would be spaces in file names or mixed upper and lower case text in files names and paths for ArmA scripts:

path and File name

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mision Scripts/myScript.FSM

Is not the same as:

Calling script

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mision scripts/myscript.fsm

Linux can be pedantic about this

And the space in path is an anthema to vanila Linux which will either add a %20 or throw a complete fit.

Some flavours of linux or rather options set in your linux configuration treat these the same as in MS windows OS but the default in linux is to be pedantic about these.

Advice

1) Get into the habit of putting all path, directory and filenames in lower case.

2) Get into the habbit of using "_" underscore rather than " " space in path, directory and filenames.

Kind Regards walker

It's a known issue with the linux server at the moment. The only work-around is to restart the mission a few times, though Mr Groch has reported that a JIP player can get the mission running as well.

Once the mission is running OK, it will every time until the linux server is restarted.

Thanks for your quick help. I´ve tried what HitmanFF suggested. Restarting the mission is not working when you´re alone on the server, but if another player JIP and you do a restart then, it´ll work.

My problem is that if I start Evo, I can just drive into the town to capture it - there's no AI anywhere. Is this the same problem as you guys have?

Running 1.08 and no, I've not chosen "No AI". smile_o.gif

My problem is that if I start Evo, I can just drive into the town to capture it - there's no AI anywhere. Is this the same problem as you guys have?

Running 1.08 and no, I've not chosen "No AI". smile_o.gif

Yes,

The cause is the exact same.

The easiest way to solve that problem is to set the server on persistent = 1. You just have to start the mission, dissconect from the server and rejoin.

Ok, I already have Persistent on but haven't tried that. Will test...