Sign in to follow this  
The931stSoldier

sqs? script not found scripting help!

I got a question ive been trying some of these scripts and i get messages like "script not found" or unknown Operator or Sqs not found have i been putting the Sqs files in the wrong place or something what am i doing wrong? example the BAS blackhawk CHOPPERNAME exec "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs" it says sqs not found what am i diong wrong

Explain:

1) Exactly where did you put the script file?

2) Exactly how did you try to start the script file?

huh.gif

i didnt know what the script file was i pu whatever said missions in missions and the others i just put in addons i tired to start the file by using a move waypoint then scripted thent he Aforesaid script

I gotta say your writing style isn't close to clear. Might be a reason why you are not getting many replies.

Usually you put your SQS files which you are going to use in a mission you are creating, into your specific mission directory, or to its subdirectory. This doesn't always have to be the case but for you this is enough to know now, I think.

An example directory:

OperationFlashpoint\Users\Baddo\missions\ChickenGuidedMissiles.Intro

Baddo is my username in OFP. The ChickenGuidedMissiles directory was created when I saved a mission in OFP's mission editor with that name. If I want to use script files in that mission, I will put the script files into that directory or into its subdirectories. The .Intro part in the directory name refers to the 'Desert Island', which is called 'Intro' by the game.

When I want to start a script file called script.sqs which I have placed into that directory, and which doesn't take any arguments, I will execute this line of code from some place (initialization field of an object placed into the map, Trigger, Waypoint, or another script):

[] exec "script.sqs"

Does this help you enough to get going?

Are you aware of the website http://www.ofpec.com/ ? If you have not been there and read everything they have about OFP mission editing, then I suggest you read everything they have about OFP mission editing smile_o.gif

Also there is http://community.bistudio.com/ which you should also wade through.

You should spend a lot of time reading information from these two sources. Read everything mission editing -related.

Good luck!

yea ive been there ill read some more but my problem is im getting the Sqs not found or script not found message for example if u are familiar with the BAS blackhawk they have a AI fast rope script i put the waypoint down set it to scripted and in the script field ill put wha the read me says

the BAS blackhawk CHOPPERNAME exec "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs" and it will say sqs not found thats just an example and i know i put evrything in the riht place when i downloaded the addon so i was wondering why it is doing that the sqs not found thing

(1) Please be kind enough to use punctuation signs, it'll be much easier for us to understand you ;

Quote[/b] ]CHOPPERNAME exec "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs"

(2) this line refers to the file "BAS_mah60.pbo", which must be in the addon folder. If not, it is missing. If yes, you've got a wrong version of this file or you've made typo errors in the script name (which i doubt).

(3) i assume that you have named the chopper "CHOPPERNAME" ?