Sign in to follow this  
ShooterSix

Briefing problem

Okay, I don't know what the issue is. I did a search, found threads, followed it's advice, and even used Chris briefing editor, but it doesn't work. Here is my briefing:

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<meta name="GENERATOR" content="BGENv1.01">

<title>SU-34 Nightmare</title>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<!-- Notes -->

<h2><a name="Main"></a></h2>

<p>Apparently, the SLA are threating all shipping in the area with their brand new SU-34s imported from Russia. Command decided against a bombing campaign with all their wisdom. Apparently, our agents have been there for months doing recon and stirring up civil unrest. Our length of deployment is unknown...</p>

<hr>

<!-- Plan -->

<p>

<a name="plan"></a>

Insert VIA CRRC, meet agent, strike airfield eliminating all three SU-34s, then escape back to the safe house.</p>

<hr>

<!-- Debriefing -->

</body>

</html>

Okay, it's named briefing.html, it is an html file, it's not the wrong extension. It's in my missions folder, and yes the mission is exported. Can someone please help me? The mission is called SU-34 Nightmare.

Try this Shooter, just tested it,seems to work fine

Quote[/b] ]

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"

content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<meta name="GENERATOR" content="BGENv1.01">

<title>SU-34 Nightmare</title>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<!-- Notes -->

<h2><a name="Main"></a></h2>

<p>

Apparently, the SLA are threating all shipping in the area with their brand new SU-34s imported from Russia. Command decided against a bombing campaign with all their wisdom. Apparently, our agents have been there for months doing recon and stirring up civil unrest. Our length of deployment is unknown...

</p>

<hr>

<!-- Plan -->

<p>

<a name="plan"></a>

Insert VIA CRRC, meet agent, strike airfield eliminating all three SU-34s, then escape back to the safe house.</p>

<hr>

<!-- Debriefing -->

</body>

</html>

GL

Odin

Btw, you can also preview the briefing.html directly from the editor without the need to export. Just hold shift key when clicking the preview button in the editor.

But maybe you knew that already.

Thanks alot for the help guys, but for some reason, maybe I'm retarded, I can't get it to work. Okay, I took what you posted, copied and pasted it, it's saved for sure as an html file. It's name is briefing. I drag and drop it into the mission folder. I save my mission, and export it to single missions, but alas, the briefing does not appear. Do I have to save it as something else? Do I save it as SU-34 Nightmare, the name of my mission? Very frustrated, thanks again in advance.

The briefing must be saved as briefing.html in your missions folder. Make sure you haven't saved it accidently as briefing.txt or something. Maybe renaming your mission folder to something like "Su34_Nightmare" solves the problem.

For creating briefings, overviews and stuff I recommend you use Chris Hendersons ArmA Edit. You can grab it here.