Sign in to follow this  
Hoot1988

Any modern space combat flight sims around?

THQ obtained Homeworld TM (i think from VU/Sierra) so now Relic can work on III

Wonderful news! I was very disapointed that they never made an addon for HW2. Thanks for news that makes me do this: biggrin_o.gif

Sins of a solar empire is gold.

Quote[/b] ]Like Stardock's other games, Sins of a Solar Empire ships with no copy protection on DVD. Instead, Stardock/Ironclad are implementing a system to reward gamers for purchasing Sins of a Solar Empire.

No matter where in the world you buy a Stardock game, you can download the entire game or any update via Stardock Central. The serial # that comes in the box takes care of everything as it's tied to each user.

And just like Stardock's other games, Sins of a Solar Empire will have a day 1 bonus update that includes new maps, modding tools, the forge editor, and more!

Read our blog on the issue of copy protection over at IGN.

Like Stardock's other games, Sins of a Solar Empire ships with no copy protection on DVD. Instead, Stardock/Ironclad are implementing a system to reward gamers for purchasing Sins of a Solar Empire.

No matter where in the world you buy a Stardock game, you can download the entire game or any update via Stardock Central. The serial # that comes in the box takes care of everything as it's tied to each user.

And just like Stardock's other games, Sins of a Solar Empire will have a day 1 bonus update that includes new maps, modding tools, the forge editor, and more!

Read our blog on the issue of copy protection over at IGN. blog link

How much i can love Stardock, even if i was not already interested in that game, i may just buy it to support that kind of commercial practices.

shame to any other publishers with their drm and other kind of annoyances built in their games. Maybe one day they will notice that it costs them money to implement such things annoying their customers, while from everyone can notice on the internet does not prevent piracy.

Was considering trying star trek legacy, anyone know if its any good? I really liked the Armada series and Command series of those.

Absolutely horrible game. I was patient with it, and I'm a huge Star Trek fan, but this game made me want to curse the entire ST franchise. It's brutal. Even with cheats on, the game wasn't fun to play.

whistle.gif This is where my real nerdiness shows...I'm also doing a bit of modding for X3. Here's a WIP:

constitutionclass02ui8.jpg

Abs

Again, X3 can be whatever you want.

You can be a merchant, industry boss, pirate or pirate hunter or hunt for Xenons. And if you have made big cash, you can build an complete fleet.

You can build stations or industry complexes, or use the AI operated ones.

You don`t have to hunt pirates, no need to be one. You can trade, but don`t have to. You are free to do what ever you like.

You get an great game for a few bucks, with very nice graphics, tons of mods to choose, and many interesting scripts, so you can attack and takeover the big ships, or even stations by force, for example.

The X3 universe is not static, it is in constant change and an wiped out sector will not stay empty for long time.

Cool Abs ,your already into making mods smile_o.gif

Can I ask what weapon effects your gona use? Kyron emitters are the closest effect to phasers I've seen sofar.

And what scale will it compare to?

The modern Bird of Prey will always be my favorite trek ship.

But my ship right now is an Electra super freighter...it's got good weapons and cargo space.

Kyron emitters, eh?

Are those the ones on the Kha'ak ships? Like I said, I haven't been playing much yet (only 30 hours logged this past week), and I spend most of my time in Argon space and the surrounding areas beating up pirates and hoping to cap their ships. (I'm still flying around in my Buster. I've got a Mercury freighter and a Toucan doing some trading for me.)

As far as the scale goes, I'd like to have ti real size, but I'm focused on finishing the model first before I scale it up. I found a nice little 3ds max file comparing the sizes between pilots and ships, so I'll be using that to scale my model.

I saw on the Egosoft forums that there's a guy converting whatever meshes he can find on the Internet into the game, so you might want to check him out. I'm not sure if he's got the modern BOP in there yet, but he might. wink_o.gif

Abs

http://www.egosoft.com/news/current_en.php]

X3: Terran Conflict is a brand new, stand-alone game set in the universe of X3. It is the culmination of the X trilogy, with a grand finale that takes us all the way back to Earth's own solar system. Gamers can take on the roles of different characters in the X universe, or of a Terran military pilot, and experience a multitude of stories in the largest X universe ever featured – for X3: Terran Conflict will offer more missions than any other X game before. Meanwhile, X3: Terran Conflict will pose questions such as: How has Earth changed in all these years? And how will relations between Earth and its counterparts in the X universe develop?

X3: Terran Conflict is scheduled for release in the third quarter of 2008.

Some time ago, Crashdome pointed me to Starwraith 3D, an indie developer that is constantly improving his space combat games, his latest releases being very extended in term of features.

The features of his recent Evochron Renegades sounds awesome.

There are demo version of each of his products, be sure to check them.

In January he made some of his games free just scroll down a bit on the main page of his website), 2 space combat games and another that is named Riftspace that especially got my attention, being freeform space gameplay addict since the Elite serie.

All of that developed by a single individual makes this even more impressive.

wow_o.gif Sounds like a great find, Sanctuary! Though strangely when I click on the Riftspace download button, it just opens another page... D/L Link not working somehow?  huh.gif Are there alternative links?

Edit: Finally managed to get it - my IE must've been acting up on me... crazy_o.gif