Sign in to follow this  
Ronny Skog

Session lost

In v1.3 I frequently get "session lost" messages when hosting. Sometimes it happens after just a couple of minutes. Usually I can play a while before I get any problems though. This never happened l with v.1.2.

Win XP

DSL w/NAT

No firewall

I have been getting this since day 1...has yet to work once.

I don't think there is a fix for it...well for me, yes there is, kick Earthlink in the ass. wink.gif

Thanks.

It might not be related but check your ping times to some of the big sites out there, ie, Yahoo, MSN, DSLreports.com, folks that should be up with clean connections most of the time, make sure that you're getting good routing with low pings.

I think DynaBlue is on the right track. I have a friend who used to be (is?) on the @HOME network, and his ping times have gone up dramatically in the last week. AT&T is trying to convert 850,000+ @HOME customers to their network, but that process has been far from smooth, and its impacting their entire network.

With my @HOME friend in MP games, we've had all sorts of problems with people getting dropped back to the shell, or losing their connection. Without him, everything is peachy.