Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Network settings

Hi i just wondered What network settings are most servers using to to host maps like 64 player berzerk map?

I tested these ones today

MaxCustomFileSize=350000;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=768;

MaxMsgSend=512;

MinBandwidth=46384000;

MaxBandwidth=47768000;

MinErrorToSend=0.008;

But they good as laged server so i restored the normal settings i use.

Basiclly looking for settings that give good bandwidth for 64 players and keep the jip lag down as much as possable

warning, You need fast stable dedicated line and very fast CPU on server first ...

i suggest You play with these values http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....Options

e.g. IC-mojo posted about theirs 'experience' with optimizing server for 100+ player sessions

Quote[/b] ]

yep, sorry  - OK here's the report... we got 82 playing in the server without a problem ... until we suddenly started having everyone with Queen's Gambit installed drop with a Session Lost error.

We increased the minBW to 65mb/s and the max is at 131mb/s - players from EU, AUS and NA and no one reported any other significant issues.  In three hours of play we had 1 red chain and two yellow reported and the highest desync we saw was less than 32000 at the red chain.  The red chain lasted less than 30 seconds for all players we asked.

We had as close to zero desync as I think we could reasonably expect, we think the session lost was due to the QG somehow - any one have suggestions?  What does QG add that could be the trouble there?  What are the other possible causes of Session Lost errors?

Here is the copy of my ARMA.CFG:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

MaxMsgSend=192;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=192;

MinBandwidth=65536000

MaxBandwidth=131072000;

MinErrorToSend=0.011;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

it's from thread http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68893

there are some more quite valuable informations in that thread

and we even discussed 'qualite' server NICs there vs Killer NIC etc ...

fell free to post inside if needed...