Sign in to follow this  
Chip360

Cleaning up the ol' editor!

Hey thar everybody,

I just spent the past 4 hours unPBOing all of my various addons (about 17 gb Worth) and changing the display names for every addon I own in the configs (for consistency, ie. you wont see \\\$^@CKZ @DDON!/// in the editor, but "US 2nd MEF (Desert) )

It took a very long time, and for a quick sample of what I have, lookey here:

Quote[/b] ]

BLUEFOR

Air

Air A-10 Varients

Air UH60 Varients

Air Pilots

BW Air

BW Weapons

BW Units

IAF Air

US 1st MEF (ACU)

US 2nd MEF (Mar)

US 2nd MEF (Des)

US 31st MEF (Mar)

US 31st MEF (Des)

US 82nd Airborne Division

US 101st Airborne Division

US 5th Special Forces Group

US ACU (Boss)

US DEA Operators

US Desert Seals (BNS)

US Special Forces (Woodland)

US Special Forces (CQB)

US Special Forces (Desert)

US Special Forces (Civilian)

US Marines (Desert)

US Marines (Woodland)

US Marines (Nomex)

US SWAT (Dallas)

US SWAT (Heavy)

PKW Vehicles

It all looks MUCH nicer!

So, pheww, thats all done, but Ive run into a problem, I fired up Armed Assault, went into the editor, and what did I find?

US 2nd MEF (Mar)

BW Air

US 82nd Airborne

US Swat (Dallas)

Air Pilots

Everything is out of order!!! BUGh!!!!

I then noticed that everything you see in the editor is arranged according to how the PBO's are arragned in the addon folder.... ugh, i have over 200 Pbos in my main Addon Folder alone, and they all have various (very difficult and random) names..

Is there a way to arrange things in the editor according to Alphabetical order of the Display names? Ie, Air would come first, then Bw, then the US units, etc? Does anyone know how to do this?

If not, what are your thoughts on the rehaul of the editor? has anyone here tried to do something along the same lines as me? Anyone find any solutions that work?

There are starting to be sooo many addons out there and when everyone names them bogus vague names like "my first addon" and "alrunit2.2" things start to become extremely difficult in the editor...

Yeah, set them up and use good ol' trial and error to sort them out. :P  thumbs-up.gif

lol.....

Quote[/b] ] ... I have over 200 pbos in my main addon folder alone...

haha, yes, of course, it is a most excellent addon! biggrin_o.gif

I should rephrase something too, um, neither of those are full lists, all of the units are in the game, everything has been renamed successfully and it all checks out fine, but the only problem is the order in which everything is in the editor, ide love to make it all alphabetical order, perhaps it is possible to make a script or config or something to make such a change to the editor?