Sign in to follow this  
Speedkore

Hold breath button

correct me if i'm wrong, why when a press the hold breath button i can hear the soldier breathing more and more fast when it's supposed that he's holding breath?

it wouldn't be that if i press button then he shuts up, and if i stay many time, when i release he makes the sound of drowning, and if i don't ever release the hold breath button he dies!?xD

Take it as flat-breathing to keep the aim steady. Holding breath while doing military shooting is not really done irl as your heart will begin to beat faster and influence your aim.

Ususally if you aim for a longer time at a target you breathe flat to keep the gun steady and I think that´s what´s simulated in Arma.

In an ideal range-situation you fire when you have breathed out or while doing so. Holding the breath may work for a few seconds but then the aim gets shaky.

Quote[/b] ]and if i don't ever release the hold breath button he dies!?xD

Hardly possible as you can only control your breath impulse up to a certain level. Beyond that level your brain simply does try to breath, no matter if you want that or not. That´s why people drown crazy_o.gif

Well in shooting range holding breath helps to stabilize and to keep position of the weapon after a shot has been fired. But I think in battle exercises this wasn't done... there's just too much other things to worry about. Like not getting shot etc., plus changing positions often don't really fit well together with holding breath.

and if i don't ever release the hold breath button he dies!?

If someone manages that then you're looking at passing out, that's about it. wink_o.gif