Sign in to follow this  
-ZG-BUZZARD

Abnormal high-resolution in ofp?

Hi there! I'm in anticipation over getting a 24in TFT Monitor whose native resolution is 1920 x 1200 and I wanted to know if it's in any way possible to put OFP in said resolution as well... I've searched around a bit but haven't found anything yet... huh.gif

BUZZARD @ Dec. 14 2007,19:05)]Hi there! I'm in anticipation over getting a 24in TFT Monitor whose native resolution is 1920 x 1200 and I wanted to know if it's in any way possible to put OFP in said resolution as well... I've searched around a bit but haven't found anything yet... huh.gif

You can (got 245B) but you need to alter FOV settings in a file. smile_o.gif

I don't know if OFP has any support for widescreen resolutions, but it certainly does have support for high resolutions. I use 2048x1536 on a 4:3 CRT, without having to do anything (I guess OFP automatically detects your monitor's supported modes from windows).

For those who haven't worked it out yet, increasing your resolution in OFP has no negative impact on FPS (assuming you are using a semi-modern video card), so crank it up smile_o.gif

As for you widescreen screen, you may need to edit you your "<OFP>/users/<name>/userInfo.cfg" file to get the correct aspect ratio in game. The aspect ratio is defined by the fovTop and fovLeft settings. I've never tried this, since I don't use a wide screen monitor.

Quote[/b] ] fovTop and fovLeft

i just tried that and it keeps on crashing on start

my res is 1680 x 1050

what should i put 16:10?

I use this for 1680x1050:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fovTop=0.625000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

3/4=0.75

10/16=0.625

9/16=0.5625

etc...

The 2D assets (sights, dialogs etc) get stretched but it's not distracting at all after a while.