Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

Importing a model with textures to O2?

Hi just wondering if its possible to import a model from 3d max in O2 that has already been textured. If so how do i go about doing this.

Thanks in advance

Hedcrusha

save as 3ds or better obj and import - that's all.  there're lots of issues though that you can find with search button wink_o.gif

What is your model ?

Got a few building models all ready textured. Try obj format but doesnt seem to show textures!

geez...

you need to repath the texture thats all..

uvs are saved..

its same as ive your import an obj in 3ds max.. you also need to browse the texture....

Browse the texture through O2?

And what does the "geez" stand for?? Im only asking for a bit of help thanks.

geez is a statement, a paralingual statement in the words of austrian linguist waczlawik, even though it has its origin in the good old jesus.

i guess what nephilim wanted to communicate is that you should use the search function.

and saying that you didnt find anything is impossible. nephilim answered this question more then once in the past, many others answered this question in the past. i had searched for it in the past, and i found all infos needed, more then once.

I know what "gees" stands for and where it derived from! It was a sarcastic remark over the fustration that all ppl tell me to do is "use the search use the search" guys if i made this thread then obviously i cant seem to find the information that im looking for and look to others on this forum for help! Indeed i have used the search function! I use it every time i need to find out information to see if people have had the same trouble and "GOT AN ANSWER". So in this instance one could not find the relative information that one requires hence a new thread has been born!

biggrin_o.gif

as allready said , the mapping will be intact after import. changing the format of the texture to a o2 readable texture is needed (jpg>paa, tga>paa whatever) and of course you need to redirect the path of the textures.

in o2 you open up sections, doubleclick on the entries there and it gets selected in the model. press the green i, control if they all have the same texture and change it to the new one. is quickly done. i tend to use own textures mostly, some things maybe need to get remapped.

texture renaming automation can be used aswell, but you wont see what you change exactly and it can mess up the mapping.

hope you use other buildings then i do. thumbs-up.gif

Sweet... I actually came to this board to see if I could find out how to use the UV editor in O2... So glad I don't need to. That things painful.

(BTW, I didn't search, just found it on the first page)

Scars09 I had a hard time following your instruction for the 'repathing' of textures when importing an already modelled/textured oblect from 3dsmax. I'm begging for you or anyone with the know-how to post a tutorial of some type to clarify this for us. I think there are a number of people who have projects ready to share with the community if we can import them to O2.

select the model/polys you whish to repath..

press E or shift+e (cant remember)

then in the new promt theres a line at the bottom

browse your texture..

DAMN DIFFICULT!

Thanks. I'll be sure to give it a go. I hope thats the only hurrdle to overcome. biggrin_o.gif