Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Active Field?

How do I make an active mine field? I place the land mines in the empty category but they dont go off at all. How do I make an active mine field? Is there a way to place them? I want to create a huge area. I dont want ot make it to where once they enter the area they die, but they have to watch where they step so they dont step on mines.

You are trying to use anti-tank mines against walking soldiers?

That won't work unless you script a workaround! Detect when a soldier is close-enough and then boom, with the help of a script.

But with that wont I have to name every mine and then create a trigger for every single one of them?

Well I think it could be done within a script. But a trigger could be handy too.

If you create a rather large mine field, maybe you could do something like this:

- Dynamically detect all mines you have placed by using a trigger covering the whole map, which collects all of the mine objects into an array variable.

- Then you would have a script which would loop through the mine array variable, and check if a soldier is near each mine. If yes, then create an explosion in the position of that particular mine.

I actually don't think that would be a good method for large mine fields. It could be possible that stepping on a mine is not always detected because the loop could be too slow to detect it. Maybe divide the mine array into multiple arrays and have a separate loop for each to reduce the possibility of not detecting someone stepping on a mine.

If you want to improve on this, yes you could create a trigger for each mine. But it depends how many mines you want to have, if it is practical.

Are there not any anti-personnel mines?

I dont know... the only thing I know is that when you go to the unit placing on the mission editor, and you go to unit side empty and the type is mine. Theres just mine. Thats it, I dont know if there are anti-personel or only AT.

Well that has to be an anti-tank mine.

I was thinking if someone already made an anti-personnel mine addon.

And maybe someone has made a scripting solution for this problem already.

I don't know.

But make sure you, in addition to this forum, check http://www.ofpec.com/ its forum and its Editors Depot, there you can find lots of good stuff.