Sign in to follow this  
Moellerstroem

Briefings

Hi,

I have this problem. I write the briefing.html, just as they say in several tutorials. I save it in the missions folder (where all the user missions are - they are all together in one happy folder). But I never get to see any briefing, not in edit mode (when you try it out) or in Single Missions (when you have exported it). What is it that I get wrong?

Do I have to save the briefing.html elsewhere?

Do I have to save the mission elsewhere?

Do I have to include any other files?

Am I asking too many questions at once?

Someone please help. I have tried so hard to get this right, I am getting frustrated even starting OFP nowadays. All the joy of mission editing is gone, and I am just a pale shade of the former me. Please help!

6423 Möllerström

42 Brig. Pv. Komp

Skyttepluton

hello there,

don't let the joy of editing leave your soul, mate. once you understand the logic behind mission-making (aka... the red pill, Neo!wink.gif you will be able to implement anything you wish.

follow these steps...

* go to www.flashpoint1985.com and download their Briefing templates and copy them in your mission folder Users/<username>/missions/<mission name> (erasing or moving elsewhere those you made before)

* load your mission, preview it and then press the [M] key...you should now see the mission briefing booklet.

* Now open your standard HTML editor (i use Arachnophilia, which is careware and gets the job done)

* edit the HTML accordingly

you're done

Its easier to use a briefing creation program that does the html for you. Then you can jsut stick the files in the right folder and your're done.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZedR @ Feb. 25 2002,16:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">* go to www.flashpoint1985.com and download their Briefing templates and copy them in your mission folder Users/<username>/missions/<mission name> (erasing or moving elsewhere those you made before)<span id='postcolor'>

Does this mean that I have to create a folder for the specific mission? When I make a user mission, they (.pbo-files?) all get saved in one folder - should I create a unique one for every mission that I write an intro to?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I sometimes feel a bit too old for this html stuff. I grew up with typewriters and remember the Spectrum computer...  wink.gif

6423 Möllerström

42 Brig. Pv. Komp.

Skyttepluton

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Moellerstroem @ Feb. 26 2002,15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I grew up with typewriters and remember the Spectrum computer...<span id='postcolor'>

You mean thisconfused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif

spectrum48k_jpg.jpg

Big deal!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does this mean that I have to create a folder for the specific mission? <span id='postcolor'>

Yes, you need a folder for the mission. Normally this folder is created by mission editor for you in your Users\<yourname>\Missions foldier in OFP directory and you can simply place briefing.html into this folder. You will not see briefing before starting the mission when previewing it from editor, but when you switch to map view, you should be able to see it.

Later you can move it into main Missions folder by copying it or by Exporting it (select Export to mission from Save dialog).