Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

M109a6 paladin howitzer model

in my opinion, ofp lacks the presence of long distance fire support.

So, to start with, i build this Paladin howitzer for the allied forces, but i need help with texturing it.

m109a6.jpg

m109a62.JPG

Anyone (liefst in nederland) care to help?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jimz0rz @ Feb. 25 2002,15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif Holy s***!!!

Get that baby skinned ASAP!<span id='postcolor'>

WHOAAAAAAAAAA MINE!

2 people man it, a third sends in coordinates.

Can only be fired when stopped, can shoot up to 30 miles away, computer controlled aiming system.

Can also be used for direct fire, in other words; anti tank gun.

This 155mm gun is powerful enough to  blow any tank away with a single shot.

3-4 shots per minute max, so it'll be quite vulnerable to tank assaults, it has ammo capacity of 39 rounds, main ammo will be HE, since it's an artillery cannon, not a tank.

oh incidently.. i'm thinking of making the area around the gunmound lethal for footsoldiers if they happen to be there when it fires... see below:

m2_1.jpg

Brilliant!!!!

Echt fantastisch werk! smile.gif

I can't wait to see that thing in action!

Yeah, I see what you mean...I wouldent wanna be near that fucker when it goes off. wink.gif

...I was refering as to how it would work in-game. Is that how you intend it to operate? Sounds really promising.

we will have to wait to see what can be done with oxygen.... i have no clue as to what can or cannot be done in respect to gameplay

irl it is manned by 4 people, and there is room in the back to hold 6 or so people, so it doubles as an apc as well, top speed of this roughly 60 km/h on flat terrain.

i intend to make it as realistic as possible, so it will take about 60 seconds for this gun to go from driving situation to a situation where its ready to fire.

If i manage to get it into ofp successfully i will build a russian counterpart for it, the MSTA-S, which is comparable in both calibre and speeds. the MSTA-S has a 152 mm gun and about the same rate of fire.

but in the meantime, i'm still looking for someone to texture it/help me texture it.

I haven't got the software for it, i tried getting it into gmax, but that proggie doesnt have import functions, which is a MAJOR disadvantage.

The skin as in picture 3 is made with 3ds max, it doesnt even come close to what i want, but it looks better than the first two pictures.

looks very promissing indeed smile.gif

whats the current polycount?

i think it should be about 5000 in the highest LOD level confused.gif

Can you make it so loud that your soldier would be temporary deafened when standing less than 25ms away? wink.gif

yeah and he then wouldn't listen to your orders, so you'd have to courtmartial him, i HATE the paperwork!.. smile.gif

I wished I could help you out.

Maar helaas.

Anyway, if you need any help on other things let me know.

keep up the good work!

rgrds

Smash!

Hi!

The model is cool...

But I´ve got a question:

You are sure the picture of the M109 firing isn´t a fake?

I sent it to friend of mine (he is an artillery officer using the M109) and he said it looks like a fake.

1.) They don´t fire without "Fammendämpfer" (some Kind of Flashhider) since 20 years and the "Paladin"-Version of the M109 is newer than that.

Even without "Flammendämpfer" the fireball is too big...

2.) The little door on the side of the tank is open.

One does not fire with the sidedoor open...

He concludes that it´s a pic of a paladin just standing there (not firing) with a faked fireball...

Greetz

[76]Chavez

perhapps the picture is a fake, i've been wondering about it myself aswell, but it comes from fas.org site, which imo doesn't tell fairytales.

What a possible explanation could be, what i think at least, is that this is a pictures taken at night, and then been gamma corrected to make it look like daylight.

In complete darkness the flame seems bigger for all guns...

Also possible this was a testfire picture of some sort with an unmanned "tank", that would explain the open door.

Anyway... whatever the blast coming from the muzzle, i wouldn't want to be standing anyway near the thing...

I also learned today that with special airbags, this thing can float!

There is an airbag underneath the turret which is inflated when going into water or when gas attack is expected

Since I am new to this game and very excited yet, I would like to know how I can get this weapon and how to install ti please...

Help me out please smile.gif

all modellers are anxiously awaiting a tool to be released by BIS which makes it possible for us to implement this kind of hardware...

I myself think that the picture is quite real.

If you have good eyesight like me you can see the dust on the ground against and from the M109's tracks. The fireball seems pretty real considering the two HUGE holes on the end of the cannon.The fire is comming right from the holes.

Top work. Now if Oxygen is out soon we will have new cool hardware to play like this biggrin.gif

Awesome biggrin.gif

TOTALY ARWSOME! i have waited on a tank like this for years!

But i have a question...

How do you think the aim will work? It would not be so easy to hit if you need to steer the gun like the other tanks, when you wanna loop a He shell over a forest? how would that work?