Sign in to follow this  
BKnight3

Satisfy my kleptomania!

Apparently there are approximately 100 vehicles in the game, and quite possibly the same amount of small arms.  Again, one of the best things about the OFP series was the way Resistance offered continuity of personnel and equipment obtained(most of them anyway).  I would personally love another gigantic tank battle using the enemy's own armor against them!  Or perhaps customize the loadout of my team before a big mission using weaponry retrieved in earlier missions.  

In real life I'm sure that works just as fine as a feasible concept lol.

It would be lovely to again commandeer tanks, scavange for weaponry, and hell, possibly even change uniforms.  I'm sure whoever is making ARMA 2 is capable of doing this as Resistance, an addon, was so well created.  

However if you do, plz make IFF alittle more difficult for the AI.  A captured tank, or a soldier from a mile away looking just like your buddies should be recognized as such until they start shooting.  Of course, I'm asking for the sky to turn neon pink.

Feedback?  Is this idea TOO radical?  TOO much to ask for?

i dont think its too much to ask, except for the neon skies.

This should DEFINATLEY be included!! all that he said

And since disguising yourself as the enemy and firing at them is against the Geneva Convention. You should be Court Marshalled if a friendly unit sees you doing this act.

If the units you are playing with are "irregulars" or guerrillas (or "terrorists") like the units you played with in Resistance campaign I doubt that things like Geneva Convention applies to them wink_o.gif

Can be scripted in ArmA, since it could be scripted in OFPRes already. :P It's just too bad so few people make use of it! Check out some of UH60MGs missions over at OFPEC (you'll just have to browse your way over there all by your onesies) for a couple of persistent-guns, persistent-soldiers and persistent-vehicle missions. smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

However if you do, plz make IFF alittle more difficult for the AI. A captured tank, or a soldier from a mile away looking just like your buddies should be recognized as such until they start shooting. Of course, I'm asking for the sky to turn neon pink.

Feedback? Is this idea TOO radical? TOO much to ask for?

Back in the days of OFP, i was surprised to find that AI does actually does have a harder time recognizing an enemy riding in a vehicle that would normally be friendly, compared to a real enemy vehicle. I'd assume ArmA still has this behaviour (although I haven't tested it).