Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

UAV management

Ok got this system working with great success using the mru and the predator. Great job

Now I want to make the MRU more mobile. Is this possible. I tried making a radio operator the MRU but the system only executes on a stationary trigger right now, is that correct? Can you assign it to a moving object?

I use this system with CEX and DAC and it works great other than the fact that I have to command the battle from a stationary location because the mru doesnt move.

Also will we be able to lase targets?

As far as I remember you can have the MRU be a vehicle, etc. I haven't used this Addon in a while but I swear I got it working. I need to look for the mission so I can see how I did it but as I remember it, I just followed the setup from the UAV Management .pdf.

I presume you have tried the steps from the .pdf but just in case try this:

4) Place an MRU addon (or any car, object etc.) with name “mru†anywhere you want.

5) If you use your own MRU unit like for example any car, create around this object cycled trigger with activating to unit (player) for launching an MRU display with command: [] exec â€EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs†in activation field.

Yes the problem is you move outside the trigger it dont work. If the car is moving to a new location how do you bring it up.

Yes the problem is you move outside the trigger it dont work. If the car is moving to a new location how do you bring it up.

Ahhh I see what you mean.

EMSI

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the reply emsi. After some research it looks like the command triggerattachvehicle does not cause the trigger to move with the vehicle it just assigns the unit that will activate the trigger. Unless Marek or Suma have any other references to this or can somebody further clarify. Is it possible to get a trigger to move with a vehicle so everytime I come within the assigned trigger radius it activates.

What I tried was this

I created a trigger called mrutrig with the activation statement

[] exec â€EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqsâ€

then I created a unit name MRU

then in another trigger kicked off with a radio alpha I put in the activation statement

mrutrig triggerattachvehicle [mru]

My assumption is when I approach the unit it should activate mrutrig

First of all, I want to thank EMSI for this excelent looking script!

Currently I'm developing a Co-op Multiplayer Mission where I integrated this script and everything works OK while testing the mission in the editor. But once I run the mission in a dedicated server I have the following results:

1- The Camera part (function) works very well and has no aparent problems.

2- But I have problems when I:

2.1- Want to set a waypoint, in which everything seems to work ok (even the waypoint marker gets sticked in the map) but the UAV simply doesn't go to the marked waypoint.

2.2- When I set an altitude for the UAV, it simply doesn't go to the altitude selected.

2.3- Other functions such as "self destruct" also don't seem to work.

3- NO script errors are returned/reported. Those funtions simply don't work (with the exception of the camera).

So my questions are, does someone have this problem? Is it possible and how is it possible to solve the problems that I mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for replies.

So hey guys, first time post here and all.

So then, to buisness. I think this is a great looking mod for ArmA definatly one of the best around, it just makes the game so much more...realisitic per se.

But, im not able to get it working at the moment, I put all the stuff down but I can't get the script working, I get the message saying the script isn't there, but when I try to put the script in the Trigger activation box, or the Ini. line of the mru or what not, it says "invaild experession" or "; is missing". As you can tell i've never used a script in ArmA before, so im just looking for some help with this.

I must <span style='color:red'>APOLOGIZE</span> to all who have problem with plane named as "predator" ... correct name for uav must be "uav" !

This is my mistake, because in first versions of UAV management was this plane called in all scripts like "predator" and for the universality with all other custom UAVs was changed to specific name "uav" ... banghead.gif

Demo mission have also plane A-10 with name "uav".

In release with UAV M/RQ-1 Predator addon will be also this mistake in PDF manual repaired. UAV management will be included also in this release.

So again ... I apologize huh.gif

Ok hello EMSI i have put all the EMSI_Data in my mission directory but now when i go near the MRU it says Resorce RscUAV_consule not found what do i need to do

Way to resurrect a dead thread! Nearly two years out of date.

I would try some other add ons if I were you.