Sign in to follow this  
CPL. MacDonald

ARMA QG AI walk through walls?!

I have just noticed recently, I suspect it has something to do with the expansion.

The ai will walk through anything walls, vehicles, and eachother, what the heck!?

anyway to fix this?

Has anybody else noticed? just me?

This is because to save cpu cycles during massive battles, the AI has a move precision of a matter of meters. They've always walked through walls. It's because they're not precise enough to avoid them. Apparently, arma2 will have an AI precision of a matter of centimeters, allowing for them to take cover, navigate an urban environment, and lean around corners.. etc.

This is because to save cpu cycles during massive battles, the AI has a move precision of a matter of meters.  They've always walked through walls.  It's because they're not precise enough to avoid them.  Apparently, arma2 will have an AI precision of a matter of centimeters, allowing for them to take cover, navigate an urban environment, and lean around corners.. etc.

Are you sure? Because they never seem to walk trough houses.

(Unless its because it the 'Im 2 meters away from my waypoint, what walls? "feature"'wink_o.gif

Last time i checked this they only seemed to go trough walls when in the vicinity of to those walls with a small hole in them (Those you can crawl under), i thought it had something to do with an AI path being there but*

*Here i stopped posting and thinking that none of this made sense, ill finish this post when im more awake.

Are you sure? Because they never seem to walk trough houses.

(Unless its because it the 'Im 2 meters away from my waypoint, what walls? "feature"'wink_o.gif

Last time i checked this they only seemed to go trough walls when in the vicinity of to those walls with a small hole in them (Those you can crawl under), i thought it had something to do with an AI path being there but*

*Here i stopped posting and thinking that none of this made sense, ill finish this post when im more awake.

I've seen them fade through a wall just about anywhere. When the path finding algorithm breaks down and the unit can't find a path, ArmA seems to move it on out despite obsticles instead of having the unit stuck trying to get there forever... this is how it seems to work to me.