Sign in to follow this  
RockSteel

ArmA Mid Week Battles

***Updated Post*** New webiste for the ArmA Mid Week Battles. http://www.armabattles.com

It's in the beginning stages but the forums are up and running.

The 9th Infantry Division is now hosting Team vs. Team battles every Wednesday evening.These battles are organized and run by the 9th Infantry Division Able Company members.

Who: Established teams of the ArmA community.

What:Battle on Advance and Secure maps of various sizes.

When:Every Wednesday evening battle start time is between 6:30pm and 6:40pm pacific

Where:The 9thInf Mid Week Battles Server

Why:There are very few organized events in the ArmA community.The few that exist take place on weekends with times adjusted for the Euro players.

How:Several teams combine to make up 2 40 man teams.The teams that have battled it so far are 1-8thMarines,TacticalGamer,9thInf,3rdInf,LSA,506th-PIR,82nd AB,31stMEU and USMC Warriors.

A total of 7 battles have already taken place.Each of the smaller battles are fought on a different part of the map each week.Very soon the battles will take place on the south island and will have more than 12 flags to secure in order.

How it all works is one of the larger teams initiates a battle and contacts another large team.The 2 agree on the total players on each team for the battle.An example of this is on October 17 the 9th Infantry teamed up LSA and 1-8thMarines to take on TacticalGamer and 31stMEU in battle with 11 flags to secure.

This past week on 1 November the 9th Infantry,506th,82ndAB,3rdInf and about 4 players from Theatre of War teamed up to take on LSA,1-8thMarines and A-Team.

Teaming up this way allows the smaller teams that don't have enough members to make up a large squad a chance to jump into a large scale battle.Most of the time squads are 6 members.Larger teams bring anywhere from 15-20 players.The smaller teams bring anywhere from 5-10 players.Of course the time the battles take place effect different times more than others.

The requirements to play in these battles is you must be part of a team.

You must have a legit copy of ArmA.10 digit ArmA id numbers are not allowed.

If you are part of a team and you're interested in joining the battles go to http://www.9thInfantry.org ,register on the forums and leave a post in the

Mid Week Battles Thread telling of your interest in participating.I will contact you as soon as possible and hopefully get your team lined up for the next Mid Week Battle.

There are now Weekend Battles that take place at 6:30 pm pacific time.

{9thInf}RockSteel*A*

ArmA Team Leader

Md Week Battle Admin

MWB is one of the most fun battle's arma has to offer now and I am glad I'm part of the action. When you have multiclans working together to form a large unit and againest another large unit the real war starts and it really shows what arma was intended for. Ive played the IC arma battle's and I have to say MWB beats it by a long shot. I cant wait for the day when we get 100 vs 100, but we cant have 100 vs 100 if more clans dont join up. currently the highest we have has is 40 vs 40 I hope for this to increase soon.

Hi All,

Sgt.Tacho*A* reporting..MWB's are run like the real thing and feel like the real Mckoy...these Battles will have your stomach in knots and the hairs on the back of your neck standing.

So, am i to understand this a clan only affair or are individuals allowed to join in?

Well nothing so far yet that we cant say, we wont incorperate a few people out of a clan which can join in. But as of now yes you need to be in some kind of clan to join the MWB.

Did you guys play last night? what about next wednesday? You guys going to play again?

Will there be a password on the server?

Yea.....The Mid Week Battle tournament you guys have been puting on has been awsome..There are usually over 70 players....the map makers seem to be on top of their game and have imagination.....good work ..keep it up.

P.S.   Who makes the maps for the tournament??

Yea.....The Mid Week Battle tournament you guys have been puting on has been awsome..There are usually over 70 players....the map makers seem to be on top of their game and have imagination.....good work ..keep it up.

P.S.   Who makes the maps for the tournament??

The maps are made by Sputnik and Iceman.The maps are alot of fun.Each map made for the battles is meant to be even more fun than the last.The more teams that jump on board with MW Battles the more fun is had by all involved.We have now have enough teams that we've expanded and now have

Weekend battles to give the European players a place to mix it up with those living elsewhere.

WarWolf @ Nov. 12 2007,23:33)]Would you also be using the 16AAB advance and secure maps in your battles?

The maps we use for the battles are made by Iceman and Sputnik.Neither of them is a member of 16AAB.As far as I know anything used that's made by someone else having to do with the maps we use is given credit for it.WWS you and your team are more than welcome to sign up for a battle and see for yourself how they're run.Go to http://www.9thinfantry.org and register in the forums.Leave a message in the public discussion area if you're team is interested in joining a battle and I will personally set you up on a team for a future battle.

MWB is one of the most fun battle's arma has to offer now and I am glad I'm part of the action. When you have multiclans working together to form a large unit and againest another large unit the real war starts and it really shows what arma was intended for. Ive played the IC arma battle's and I have to say MWB beats it by a long shot. I cant wait for the day when we get 100 vs 100, but we cant have 100 vs 100 if more clans dont join up. currently the highest we have has is 40 vs 40 I hope for this to increase soon.

We completely agree with this assessment .. we like simulation and we all think this is the way ArmA should be played. We joined MWB with enthusiasm. We are an European clan, =FSI= Clan, Forze Speciali Italiane (from Italy) and notwithstanding timezone issues we can confirm we are having a lot of fun. We also encourage European teams to join.

We had already in project the idea of using Sputnik's and Iceman's A&S maps trying to involve teams in larger scale competitions rather than CTF's - and so we would like having a MWB European HeadQuarter that would maybe attract more European clans as a joint operation with the MWB (e.g. mid week battles on continental basis and week-end battles as joined events between Europe and America- think would be great to keep together the ArmA PvsP community).

We encourage feedback on this idea and we can offer organization support.

Our website: http://www.forzespeciali-ita.com

e-mail: stedel13@alice.it

Hello guys,

Your project of multi clan war are nice.

My clan based in france, the name is [R.O.S] (régiment des opérations spéciales) and we are interested to make an alliance with the FSI clan or another American or European clan.

Nemesi I will contact you on your web site for spoken about the organization of the euro HQ.

I leave my email of contact here: clanros@free.fr

The ArmA Mid Week Battles information can now be found at

http://www.armabattles.com .If you or your team are interested in playing in 45v45 player battles please go that link and register in the forums for more information.

RockSteel