Sign in to follow this  
ViciousLeeAramada

Vbs

There will be a puplic version i think but will be dumbed down for us the public.

OFP IS the "public version" of VBS.

We, the public, had OFP before the military did.

The military took the game, and had BIS add more vehicles and more "realism", SOMETIMES based on classified data.

BIS will sometimes give us, from VBS, certain new vehicles that were added to VBS, and certain weapons and other game modifications from VBS, as long as they don't give back ANY game elements that are based on classified military information.

So OFP and VBS are almost the same exact thing! Except for the realism improvements for VBS, often based on classified military info.

And the militaries networking code is probably optimized for their networking capabilities, which are much greater than our ability, when consumers are often still gaming with 56k modems. :-)

Yes and we wouldn't want to piss God off, or he'll send Christian soldiers with modified AK's to b*tchslap you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Feb. 25 2002,06:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For God's sake! VBS is NOT A GAME!<span id='postcolor'>

Hahahaha. Tell that to the Marines who are saying, "This is SOOOOOOO cool !!!".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 25 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP IS the "public version" of VBS.

We, the public, had OFP before the military did.<span id='postcolor'>

Wellt hats a load of bullshit, VBS is a heavily modified version which will be ablle to load landscapes intop the game via satalite and the added bit will be able to to transform them into the game also the physics have been improved and alot of other stuff. Its rumoured we get features or an addon that will bring it upto the standard of VBS 1 such as the physics and the buildings that u can navigate. The marines dont even have the full version of VBS 1 only a demo version.

Aprendimos a quererte

Desde la histňrica altura

Donde el sol de tu bravura

Le puso un cerco a la muerte.

AquÄ› se queda la clara

La entrańable transparencia

De tu querida presencia

Comandante Che Guevara

Tu mano gloriosa y fuerte

Sobre la historia dispara

Cuando todo Santa Clara

Se despierta para verte.

Vienes quemando la brisa

Con soles de primavera

Para plantar la bandera

Con la luz de tu sonrisa.

Tu amor revolucionario

Te conduce a nueva empresa

Donde esperan la firmeza

De tu brazo libertario.

Seguiremos adelante

Como junto a ti seguimos

Y con Fidel te decimos :

"ˇ Hasta Siempre Commandante !"

HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE COMMANDANTE CHE!!!

............................ i love your sig monkey smile.gif

but where did you read this load of bullshit about vbs ?

We learned to quererte From the histňrica height Where the sun of your fierceness put a wall to Him to the death. Aquě remains clear the close transparency Of your beloved is present at Commander Che Guevara Your glorious and strong hand On history shoots When all Santa Clara awakes for verte. You come burning the breeze With suns from spring to plant the flag With the light of your smile. Your revolutionary love leads to You to new company Where they wait for the firmness Of your libertario arm. We will follow ahead As next to you we followed and with Fidel we say to you: " Until Always Commandante "

LOL

please , keep it in spanish and stop with you fucking translators

if you want to translate , ask to somebody who speak spanish

I know it sucks, I just had to post it because it looks funny biggrin.gif and I don't know anyone who speaks Spanish sad.gif

my mother has some spanish origins , but she doesn't speak spanish sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 25 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...) The military took the game, and had BIS add more vehicles and more "realism" (...)<span id='postcolor'>

You obviously didn't see the screenshot where aircraft are sitting ON an aircraft carrier. Ever tried to pull that trick in OFP? Placing a vehicle on top of another vehicle?

Looks to me like they put at least ONE brand new feature into the game engine. It's not just about adding a new model or two and tweaking the stats.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Feb. 25 2002,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 25 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP IS the "public version" of VBS.

We, the public, had OFP before the military did.<span id='postcolor'>

Wellt hats a load of bullshit,<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry. You're wrong. It's NOT a load of BS. Everything I've said is TRUE. Operation Flashpoint came to the gaming community first, and the marines second.

The marines are just taking what we had, and modifying it with new stuff that we DON'T have, sometimes based on classified info, sometimes not.

Call it BS all you like, but you can't argue with all the liturature that has specifically said that the Marines didn't even try their "modified" version of OFP until several months after we all were playing OFP.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum57/HTML/001264.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Feb. 25 2002,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 25 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...) The military took the game, and had BIS add more vehicles and more "realism" (...)<span id='postcolor'>

You obviously didn't see the screenshot where aircraft are sitting ON an aircraft carrier. Ever tried to pull that trick in OFP? Placing a vehicle on top of another vehicle?

Looks to me like they put at least ONE brand new feature into the game engine. It's not just about adding a new model or two and tweaking the stats.<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't mean ONLY new vehicles. I meant the military gets OFP, AND all kinds of new vehicles, weapons, AND FEATURES. That includes lots of stuff. Aircraft carriers. Improved fire support. Satellite data. Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

You guys are going a little too psycho literal. Relax, lower your blood pressure. Jeeeeez. Basically, it's the same game but the military has BILLIONS more dollars to spend than the consumer does, so NOW they get all kinds of kool new stuff before we do.

We got the game first (OFP), but now the miltary gets all the cool new features, new vehicles, new weapons, and realism mods first, because the military has the big bucks, while we, the consumer, are only paying approx. 10 to 50 US dollars per box, depending.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Feb. 25 2002,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 25 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...) The military took the game, and had BIS add more vehicles and more "realism" (...)<span id='postcolor'>

You obviously didn't see the screenshot where aircraft are sitting ON an aircraft carrier.<span id='postcolor'>

And YES, I did see the aircraft carrier. But I read that it wasn't pictures from VBS, it was pictures from OPERATION FLASHPOINT: Resistance, which is due out sometime in summer? We'll see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 25 2002,22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But I read that it wasn't pictures from VBS, it was pictures from OPERATION FLASHPOINT: Resistance, which is due out sometime in summer?<span id='postcolor'>

No. The aircraft carrier pic is from Independence Lost, due some time towards year end.

il_carrier1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 25 2002,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...) You guys are going a little too psycho literal.  Relax, lower your blood pressure.  Jeeeeez.  Basically, it's the same game but the military has BILLIONS more dollars to spend than the consumer does, so NOW they get all kinds of kool new stuff before we do.

We got the game first (OFP), but now the miltary gets all the cool new features, new vehicles, new weapons, and realism mods first, because the military has the big bucks, while we, the consumer, are only paying approx. 10 to 50 US dollars per box, depending.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope. Blood pressure is all fine. Just pointed it out.

I don't think they will hold it all back for the military though. BIS is a commercial player, they need money. If thay can squeeze some more out of us by releasing a new engine, they most certainly will.

We did get the game first. USMC is in fact going to use the OFP engine, so yes, we were first. But I do think there will be quite a few very nice features that they will come to see first. Do remember that USMC needs needs realistic handling, not some graphical wonder.

Whatever. I just want Oxygen. If I have Oxygen, USMC can have models of Tauran spaceships for all I care. We 'll make models 10x as cool all by ourselves.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 25 2002,19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE COMMANDANTE CHE!!!

............................ i love your sig monkey smile.gif

but where did you read this load of bullshit about vbs ?<span id='postcolor'>

1) Why thank you but i did not make it, if u hung around the DoD random nonsense you would know what its about.

2) i have been reading alot about it.

3) VBS 1 will be a pretty much new game based around the flashpoint engine, (dont gimme all that crap its like saying halflife is a mod of the quake engine) i mean look at the pyhsics in one screen shot shows you someone standing on the back of the ramp of a thing ma jig (that 1/2 plane/ helicopter thingy) thast one but there is loads i cant be arsed to write at the moment.

4) im pretty sure there is gonna be a public version that is dumbed down but with better GFX ie Resistance.( not saying resistance is VBS the public version for those who like taking things out of context.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 25 2002,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No. The aircraft carrier pic is from Independence Lost, due some time towards year end.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry. Getting all my OFP products mixed up now. At least it's cool that there's so much stuff coming out, I AM getting mixed up. Gotta love this game. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Feb. 25 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just want Oxygen. If I have Oxygen, USMC can have models of Tauran spaceships for all I care. We 'll make models 10x as cool all by ourselves.<span id='postcolor'>

Looking forward to that too!

I want to see anyone (BIS or modders using Oxygen) to create cool new aircraft, like a Littlebird with the soldiers on the sideboards, like in the movie "BlackHawk Down".

I wish the realism in aircraft flight models, that are being put into VBS1, also get passed onto the OFP commercial product. I love flying the helos, but they could use some handling improvements.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heyvern @ Feb. 26 2002,03:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish the realism in aircraft flight models, that are being put into VBS1, also get passed onto the OFP commercial product.  I love flying the helos, but they could use some handling improvements.<span id='postcolor'>

To be honest, I think the flight models in VBS will not be more realistic. It's more probable they will not even be 'played' by pilots. They have fully realistic Flight Sims for that.

My guess is that VBS will be used to train officers in assualt tactics or maybe even strategic planning. It would really surprise me if flight personnel would actually control the aircraft. (that is... maybe @home, playing OFP with their friends.)

I do agree with you, flight models should be better. It doesn't have to be "FS2000"-like real, but "Gunship"-like  real would be very nice.

BeÄng Dutch, I'm looking forward to seeing a Navy Lynx or NH-90 in OFP. And, as always, I'm still waiting for the Russian Mi-26 HALO heliopter as a counter balance to the Chinook. smile.gif

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mi-26.htm

Im sure the flight dynamics are better as they have put in a harrier so hopefully they are better cause look at the attempts at harriers now. sad.gif

The screen shot of the so called "aircraft carrier" looks more like an "LHA" (helicopter carrier). This is a Navy ship with a few hundred Marines, and equipment.

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=78><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://texasbaja.net/mingsig.swf><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://texasbaja.net/mingsig.swf WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=78 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>