Sign in to follow this  
dooley

Need help making mission

Im not sure if this is the rite place to post this and if it isnt can someone move it to the rite place but anyway I have a question I really need help on. I am wanting to get the A.I to take off a BE32 plane with me and 19 others in the back but I have got it to everyone in the back but then I have no idea how to get him to take off. I put a move waypoint at the end of the runway but the Pilot just goes off to the left and crashes into a hager, Can anyone help me out. Cheers

You could change his Special to Flying. That way he'll FLY at least. But you miss the take-off!

Also, you could just add a little script-bit to the init-field of the waypoint saying it should be at so so high when it reaches it. So it'll try hard to get there... I guess it could work. Never tried it myself! banghead.gif

You don't need to put the waypoint to the end of the runway. Put it where you need the plane to fly, he will figure out how to take off automatically.

The planes in ArmA can't taxi properly.

Very simply, to get a plane to take off you just need to put the plane at the right end of the runway - I think it's the end opposite the hangers. The move wp can be several grid squares away.

Thanks for the help everyone. Im going to give all suggestions a try. Hopefully one will work smile_o.gif