Sign in to follow this  
armatech

KA50 vs AV8

Ok as a pilot of the KA-50 you can zoom in to the gunner reticule and move your turret left-right up-down and so on but in the AV8 there is not this option. Dose any one know if the plane class can have a pilot also be the gunner with optics that move say a video feed ball?

the reason I'm asking is for my upcoming predator UAV i would like to add a laser to it so that it can pick out targets

any help welcome

Guest RKSL-Rock
Ok as a pilot of the KA-50 you can zoom in to the gunner reticule and move your turret left-right up-down and so on but in the AV8 there is not this option. Dose any one know if the plane class can have a pilot also be the gunner with optics that move say a video feed ball?

the reason I'm asking is for my upcoming predator UAV i would like to add a laser to it so that it can pick out targets

any help welcome

Just to prove i dont "hate you" as you maintain...

Plane classes dont support proper turrets.  You can define the turret and it will allow you to pan around etc but the weapons will only fire along the axis of the plane and then only from the primary turret.  This makes a practical laser designator impossible using the default system.

There have been several discussions on this topic and no one has as yet found an unscripted work around.

My solution for the the Laser Target Designator (LTD) on a UAV, is to define the point on the ground at which the cam looks via a prolongation of the pointing vector untill it's hitting the ground. Then the coordinates of the ground position is transmitted. Working fine with the UA as I take a shortcut to the target defining and not really a Laser Target transmission. I've tried a few ways to create that object gamelogic that uses the normal laser target on the ground but successless so far... Still to be implemented