Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

View LOD

Didn't really know where this belongs so I put it in the place I expect to get most airtime smile_o.gif

Been playing with View LODs. Specifically to make viewblock objects. I'm making two types for each size & shape, one visible and one invisible. So far I've had hit & miss success with it. Some cubes I make block AI, some do not. No telling which will and which won't as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know anything about the various LODs and their importance to this effect? Here's a few descriptions of some of the variations I've made:

Models with 0.00 LOD with geometry, and one view LOD with geometry.

Models with no 0.00 geometry, and one view LOD with geometry.

Models with 0.00 LOD with geometry, one view LOD with geometry, one fire LOD with no geometry, one geometry LOD with no geometry.

You get the idea. The only thing they all have in common is the view LOD which always has geometry, as viewblock is the purpose of all this.

I have made one cube which successfully blocks AI view, but if I raise it or lower it even by a tiny amount in the game (the cube's pivot point is in it's center, so there's geometry under the ground) the AI see through it. Is it a requirement that objects be "settled" onto the ground before being viewblock able?

Has anyone successfully made an object that has a functional viewblock LOD?

Quote[/b] ]ARMA : O2 MODELLING

(I'd say).

Not much into modelling, so can't help ya here mate. smile_o.gif

Well, further to my above I have tested standard BIS objects (tents etc) and they work fine as viewblock items even if I sink them slightly into the ground.

Right, well after muchos gnashing of teeth, wailing and flinging poo at the moon I FINALLY figured this out. Apparently each LOD layer needs to have it's contents as part of a component selection, whatever that is. So I made 'em, and now they work. Hooray me smile_o.gif