Sign in to follow this  
redvex

This hateful lovely M21

Sorry to dig up this old topic, but I just thought I'd mention you pretty much have to adjust for range with the in-game sniper sights. The only problem with the m21 sights is that most of the Russkies seems to be 5'8" or something, not to mention they're always hunched over. He was right to say that you can't adjust for wind. To my knowledge there is no freakin wind in OPF anyways.

m21 is m14 with scope

m14 is a newer verson of a m1 carbine

he ak-74 does fire a 5.45mm nato round or there abouts but not a 7.62

you can buy ak 47s from pakistan or south africa for about 600 dollars

the real world range for the druganov and m21 is around 150-200m and they are not dedicated sniper rifles such as a psg 1

IMO ofp does not accurratly simulate sniping accuratly

if you wanna snipe play ghost recon

and i think there is wind in ofp but it only goes in 1 direction?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from nocabiwik on 8:07 am on Dec. 1, 2001

m21 is m14 with scope

m14 is a newer verson of a m1 carbine

he ak-74 does fire a 5.45mm nato round or there abouts but not a 7.62

you can buy ak 47s from pakistan or south africa for about 600 dollars

the real world range for the druganov and m21 is around 150-200m and they are not dedicated sniper rifles such as a psg 1

IMO ofp does not accurratly simulate sniping accuratly

if you wanna snipe play ghost recon

and i think there is wind in ofp but it only goes in 1 direction? <span id='postcolor'>

There is something wrong with almost EVERY paragraph you posted, and I'm not talking about spelling, either...

Ok guyz, when i started this topic i didn't think it was going to be such big.

I read it all (phew!), but even if you discuss years on it the problem is this: can't get the shot in the center of the crosshair.

I don't know anything about coding, but I hope it won't take much to BIS to fix this in their next patch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BoonieRat on 2:13 pm on Nov. 25, 2001

What as in 'Flash Suppressor'?, no i mean a S-i-l-e-n-c-e-r!, as in 'shush!, i'm hunting' wabbit!' wink.gif'

You say toMATE -o, i say toMART-o, but every one here just sez FVCK OFF,that's bullshat!, (to each other, @ least every other post;) )  smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, true enough, but "silencer" is all Hollywood.

The correct term is suppressor.

Killor.............you didn't mention in your guide that the Bullpup design is also one of the most accurate rifles due to the closed bolt (i.e no bolt slamming forwards when fired) and the location of the firing mechanism for weight distrubution.......open to opinions?

LARD, SA80 Assault Rifle!!..........think again, it's a bullpup!

Killor is right about the correct term for a silencer being a suppresor, but from some of the info I have seen it seems that some manufacturers offer suppressors and some sillencers, both offering slighty different characteristics?? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Who wants a full blown suppressor on a Sniper rifle anyway? a flash suppressor would be a great asset for concealment. The only decent silenced/supreesed gun I've seen was a Chinese pistol which had a suppressor, the only part to move when the trigger was pulled was the firing pin...................one heck of a quite gun.....a small thud and it's all over.

Redvex? are you lying down when taking the shot? (It's just nobodys mentioned this aspect of sniping)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Gambba on 3:31 am on Dec. 14, 2001

<Snip>

Redvex? are you lying down when taking the shot? (It's just nobodys mentioned this aspect of sniping)<span id='postcolor'>

And of course, don't try to take a shot immediately after running up a hill... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote:

Killor is right about the correct term for a silencer being a suppresor, but from some of the info I have seen it seems that some manufacturers offer suppressors and some sillencers, both offering slighty different characteristics?? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Who wants a full blown suppressor on a Sniper rifle anyway? a flash suppressor would be a great asset for concealment.  

<span id='postcolor'>

A flash suppressor doesn't hide the flash from other people, just the guy firing the gun. They are the cone shaped thing on the end of GPMG and such. Basically it stops the flash on the gun from blinding the guy pulling the trigger. The only use of a flash suppressor on a sniper rifle would be if you were using a starlight scope and didn't want the flash to blind you.

COLINMAN

You're quite right Dayglow....................... it's just bad typing, it should say 'a suppressor would be a great asset for concealment when used in the right environment' I was then going to go on and say that suppressors would have little affect in the open environment such as Ofp, as the echo would be dissoreintating enough by itself for the enemy to get a fix on the sniper.....but my boss came, and well I had to finish rather quickly.

I apologise for my f**k up, it will teach me to read what I type....for a change.

(Edited by Gambba at 11:34 am on Dec. 14, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Mister Frag on 10:25 pm on Dec. 13, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Gambba on 3:31 am on Dec. 14, 2001

<Snip>

Redvex? are you lying down when taking the shot? (It's just nobodys mentioned this aspect of sniping)<span id='postcolor'>

And of course, don't try to take a shot immediately after running up a hill... smile.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

And of coarse, don't take it when running up that hill... wink.gif