Sign in to follow this  
Deftoner

Transparent optics

My G36E is almost finished. I'm moving onto texturing now. Problem is that for the optics I want to make transparent textures with the reticule on (...I think getting the reticule in the right spot and the right size will be a task all on its own huh.gif ) for the optic.

My problem is that the transparent texture I make seems to "hide" the faces behind it (in the optic "tube").... Is there a specific way to do optic textures (like the default BIS ones)?

I don't want to make fullscreen optics like the default G36 ones....thats too OFP wink_o.gif

I hope what I'm trying to say makes sense. Im at work now, but will take screenshots of what I mean if need be.

g36eSmall.jpg

g36e2Small.jpg

..oh and my galil WIP

galSmall.jpg

This is probably because the faces are in the wrong direction.

you should have a hollow tube with nothing non transparent blocking it's inside.

I can upload an example model if you'd like

nice galil by the way

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/Sight_Example.rar

Here's the sight example model. The inner circle is to be moved and textured with the transparent texture.

Simply select everything other than the lens face (i.e. the face(s) with the transparent texture applied to it) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+END. This will sort all the alpha levels out and make the face transparent and ensure the other faces don't vanish when viewed through the lens.

Great, Thanks guys. notworthy.gif

I'll give it a try later. I knew it was probably something simple.

Jackal326'S CTRL+SHIFT+END worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Just need to do the UV's and resize the actual reticle and maybe play with the zoom setting a bit.

G36E2.jpg

G36E3.jpg

G36E1.jpg

Out of left field, but if someone could do it in 3 minutes, could someone make a "see through" M136 tube? I'd like to have a version of the model that has been expended and should be see through since both seals are blown.