Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

AI and camp ladders

In my so-called (noob) mission, which is having more and more problems, I placed MOVE waypoints with house positions on a camps outlook posts. Looked nice while I was there, they got up. However, when I drive up from far away, I find that all of them (yes, ALL) have fallen down.

So I observe from a distance and see that they climb up the ladder, only to immediately fall to their death.

When player is close, it works.

How do I deal with this?

If its not important that you can see them climb on, just use the setPos function to put them on the roofs or places you want them to be.

Otherwise, I am not sure but you might want to try the ladder hotfix that was released by BI, don't know if it will fix anything but doesn't hurt to try.

I used to use setPos, but even that is very uncontrollable. I actually wanted to have guards being replaced every second hour or so, so it would be nice to have this work.

I think the hotfix got installed with QG, but I did say no to installing the 1.08 patch as that was installed already.

I am no longer having problems using ladders myself, but now AI are having serious issues; more than before I think.

During testing (about 100 tries or so), I have not seen once that the AI has arrived guardpost alive wow_o.gif