Sign in to follow this  
nokas009

spawn point

i need help in puting a spawn point down im not a nerd so take it easy o the lingo and i cant seem to fint the description.ext so i created one in my folder and i aint work so please tell me whats wrong and were to find it and fix it please..

Simply open up a text editor notepad word what ever.

Then put in the following and save it as description.ext

Make sure it doesnt have a .txt or someting like that behind it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">respawn = RespawnType;

respawnDelay = DelayInSeconds;

You will have to replace respawntype with one of the types found in the follow link, scroll down to respawn.

Source

And delayinseconds is replaced by the number of seconds delay.

sweet thanks now alls i wont to know is were should the file go in this dorec C:\Documents and Settings\-------.----\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\---------\MPMissions or some were else coz thats were i have it at the mo and thanks for being s o quick to post back smile_o.gif

i got it to work and now when i re-spawn all my weapons that i have from my add-on person go to default and it has nothing just the standard m16 and also how do i make it so that they all have nvgoggles that also don't disappear when i re-spawn the add-on im using is Steyr_Aug_A1

a nother thing how do i add wepons to the ammo boxes like the nvgoggles and the steyr.. please help.

The respawning with weapons part is posible but I dont know how so someone els will have to help you with that.

For the adding weapons/magazines you use a combination of the following commands:

Clear Magazine Cargo

Clear Weapons Cargo

Add Magzine Cargo

Add Weapon Cargo

Add Weapon

Add Magazine

Remove Weapon

RemoveAllweapons

Remove MagazineRemove MagazineS

This is the list for the weapons and magazines that come with arma. You use the weaponclassnames and Magazineclassnames to add\remove weapons and magazines.

List of weapon/magazineclassnames

Since you use some kind of addon it sould have come with a readme that had the weapon and magazine classnames in it so you will have to look them up.

You can put all these commands in a script but since your not a "nerd" wink_o.gif you can put them in the initfields that you find in the screen when you place a unit.

Make sure you dont forget to add the ; behind every command line, so for example to add a G36 with 2 clips you would get this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Unitname addweapon "G36A"; Unitname addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_G36"; Unitname addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_G36"

aaa ok sweet thanks for the help now im trying to get some music to work on the game but it wont i got a tutorial but its for ofp and seems to be similar but still wont work.

this editing bizo is frustrating some times, owell its easier then bf2 mapping now thats a head f...

if you can help me more it would be very much appreciated and if theres any one else that can help please do.

if you can, can you try to provide a script that goes in description.ext that i can use so they keep there weapons when they die.

i tried all those weapon init scrips and they dont work on my ARMA map banghead.gif this is annoying help.gif

yea i got it to work but the unit still loses the weapon when he re-spawns witch is really annoying and how do i add weapons to the ammo crates and if there is any thing im missing to make it better for multilayer please tell me...

Do the same as you did with the units for the crates, I do advice to use the addweaponcargo and addmagazinecargo for this cause it would save you time.

I myself never use the respawn with diffrent weapons so i dont know how to implant this you could try doing a search for it i tink i saw it a couple of months ago, just dont forget to put it from this month to this year.

i would just like to say thanks for all the help and that it is much appreciated and that i will be able to help more of my mates in the editor with these types of situation so thanks very much for the help... notworthy.gifyay.gifthumbs-up.giffirefoxlover.gif