Sign in to follow this  
stehowson

A few questions fellas

Been making a Mission up based on the UK (and US) operation in Afghanistan. Operation Herrick.

Im using UK desert DPM troops, with Apache, and Chinook Helo's as support, seen as this was what we had out there.

My problems are...

1. When I group together my section of troops with the aircraft, ie 6 men, 2 AH and a CH47, the men will not listen to any commands Ive given them bar gettin on to the CH47.

Any way to control the men, and have the use of the support aircraft?

2. Does anyone know of a Lynx Helicopter addon? (Yes Ive tried searching)

3. How do you make movies up out of the game? I have used Windows Movie Maker with collating videos in the past, but i do not know how to obtain the images out of the game.

4. Im after some terrorist and insurgent type players but I know these are in hand.

5. How do I add a picture to the main screen when selecting my mission? Click Single Player, Mission, and then the mission options appear, Id like to add a pic to my Mission there.

Apart from that, the Op Herrick mission Im creating looks kinda groovy, Ive added places and events that people who were the will know about.

Camp Bastion

Sangin DC

Garmsir

FOB Rob

Mullah Omar

Mullah Dadullar

etc.... Im hoping that once Ive sorted out those few probs the mission will be available, and offer a british perspective on Op Enduring Freedom

1: What commands are you trying to give them in a chopper?

2: Have not heard of one.

3: I have no idea. Never done it.

4:Is this a quaestion???

5: If you search the WIKI you will get that answer.

GL thumbs-up.gif

1. When you start a game up that has men and helicopters grouped together the men always run off. They dont seem to listen to commands. I can get them all to board, and SOMETIMES disembark a helo, but they then will not follow me or listen to my commands.

1. Usually I just synchronize GEt IN waypoint with the choppers LOAD waypoint. Can't see *any* reason as to have chopper and squad as a single group. Also check download places for example scripts regarding choppers, as they can be a bit confusing for the beginner.

2. Be less focused on addons. The more addons you use the less interresting they will be to try since the user now has to install addons. Not seen a Lynx though.

3. Never done it. But Fraps seem like a good choice?

4. Stick with soldiers. Remember the the KISS principle (I didn't and just got burned, again and again...) -- Keep It Simple Stupid. Don't try to overcomplicate anything, bugs are more likely to apprear.

5. You have to make the overview, as suggested, search the biki on overview and overview image. Look for the tutorial wink_o.gif

If Im not mistaken, AI not following commands is a game bug. Well I know it was but I dont know if it has been addressed yet.