Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

Strange quirks using setCaptive on self

Hi

I've been trying to do some alarm responses, using simple trigger work, and found something strange.

I had a repeating trigger which simply did iAlarm=1 and iAlarm=2 depending on Blufor present and player in thislist condition.

Worked fine, but had to use setCaptive so that the guys wouldn't shoot me.

And once I shot some guy, the damned trigger ceased working?!? It was stuck on the on deactivation mode; no matter how much I tried to retrigger it remained on this mode.

So I added a massive rating to myself with this addRating 100000 in my init, and now the trigger works...

Seems to me I'm no longer considered BluFor once I go renegade, which seems to be related to my rating. Thus I will never trig a BluFor based trigger.

Maybe this should be noted in the Biki's setCaptive description? Or am I getting this all wrong? smile_o.gif

As far as I know in ArmA when you set a blufor unit captive you become a civilian array that wont set off blufor or civ triggers. Wierd but thats what I have found and heard. Im sure its some sort of bug.

No problems triggering a blufor present trigger as a blufor captive soldier. Detected by triggers doesn't detect captives though.

My blufor captive didn't set off any civilian present triggers either.

Well it seems that the present situation got fixed in a patch but the other half is still an issue.

Actually while being captive (and not considered renegade), the blurfor triggers will detect me as blufor, but globalchat will report me as opfor? Hmm... Very strange...