Sign in to follow this  
gsleighter

USGS seamless site issues

I'm trying to get some DEM data for a valley in southeast Arizona, and when I open the seamless data distribution, it only loads the little red x in the browsing window. This sucks, I was finally figuring out how to make terrain in visitor and now this happens. Any idea what's going on, or an alternate download site I can find free DEMs of the continental US?

What tool do you use for opening the USGS DEM? Or is it some online service with map browser?

Please note that nobody can help you unless you describe your problem a little better. smile_o.gif

Indeed...... it would be nice to know which area of Arizona specifically and also which site you are using.

Planck

The Seamless distribution center is a web tool with a google-maps-esque interface for selecting and retrieving data for the continental United States. It's got all kinds of vegetation, hydrology, and elevation data, but all I really need it for is the 30m resolution dems. My problem isn't navigating the site, I think it might be broken.

http://seamless.usgs.gov/

If anybody else can confirm it's broken, that would be great. Otherwise, I might try downloading firefox or mucking around with my browser settings until I unbreak it.

Well, nevermind, it WAS broken last night, but now it's fully operational. At least I know it wasn't just me! Sorry I wasn't as descriptive about my problem as I could have been, but thanks for the replies!