Sign in to follow this  
scudrunner

Cobra Gunner With Laser Designator

Does anyone have any idea how this was done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_nYvU9xW4

Is this something that could be done with an init or script or does it require making an addon? I'm really quite interested in adding a laser designator to the Cobra's gunner seat but can't seem to get it to work with addweapon or addweapon cargo,etc...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

from what i understand you have to remove the gun and ammo then add the Laser designator.

Hmmm what exactly do you mean by that?

I have it somewhat working:

I added addweapon "laserdesignator"; addmagazine "laser batteries"

to the init of the Cobra.

Hop in as a pilot, switch to manual fire and you can have an action menu button that says "switch to laser designator", hit this and you have the laser out, trigger the laser on. Take manual fire off and the gunner hops in, now anytime he has the gun out wherver he aims it, he aims a laser... Combine with mando's transmit laser option (put in init) and his remote mode, and I have laser guided mando missiles....

Problem is, what I want is the gunner to have the laser designator built in to the m197/ffar's/hellfire "f" weapons. that way he can switch to the laser and turn the laser off/on at will.

Basically, I'm trying to give the Cobra gunner the same capability as the Kiowa gunner had in OFP... if you recall...

anyone have any input?

I got similar results when adding stingers to the tow hummer wink_o.gif

You could try adding an  action via script that changes to the laser, but I doubt you can get it to work with 'f' unless you change the cobra config.

Hmmm. Well What I have works but it doesn't work in multiplayer correctly. There's some kind of client/server error that doesn't sync the information with pilot and gunner so it may randomly turn off, not turn on, or not be detectable, etc.... Very strange, oh well.