Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

"assignedVehicleRole" result seems permanent

One day I'm gonna tear this game a new one tounge2.gif

To finalize my latest project I need to know whether a unit is mounted in any vehicle. I thought I'd use the "assignedVehicleRole" command for that. Initially all units return a [] when queried. Once I have them mount a truck it changes to ["Cargo"] e.g. which is fine. But this status is not being reset to [] after having left the vehicle - actually it seems it's never being reset to [] after that and the unit keeps that status forever or unless assigned to a new role.

Jeez it's soo tiresome to work around all these behaviours confused_o.gif Does anybody have an idea how to query the correct "mount status" of a unit?

Thanks,

VictorFarbau

store this into array, attach EH getout to the unit and clean the array once its triggered

Are you trying to find out if a unit is mounted?

if (_uniit == vehicle _unit) then

{

hint format["_unit is still mounted: %1", (_uniit == vehicle _unit)];

};

--Ben

VF, how do you unmount the soldiers?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[unitName] orderGetIn false;

unAssignVehicle unitName;

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unAssignVehicle unitName;

unitName action ["getout",vehName];

?

In the above cases I think the array goes empty, altough not  tested. Basicly the unAssignVehicle function makes that work.

Ok, so I understand that this command is simply not what I need.

@Sickboy: I am not controlling any player here - I am only allowed to check whether he's mounted or not. But you're right about that "unassignVehicle" command. If I use that on units from within a script then the assigned vehicle role is reset to [] indeed. A simple "disembark" command from within the game is not enough. I guess it has to do with the AI engine where units are controlled by simple "mount" and "unmount" commands (when using WP e.g.).

@benreeper: that simple (_unit == vehicle _unit) bool is working fine, I'll go for this one thumbs-up.gif

Thanks,

VictorFarbau