Sign in to follow this  
judas

C01: Convoy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from M79 on 10:59 pm on Nov. 29, 2001

I will make sure I am not in your squad then smile.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

LOL smile.gif

On second thought: this is exactly what you're told to do (except for the leaving your men behind). I ended with 5 stars.

PS, when I restarted the game from my last saved point, I went bakc to the town and saw that all my men had died. But also only 3 russians had survived which I could kill easily. There were no tanks left, but there were some in the field. Perhaps those had followed me when I first fled.

Well, I replayed the game this afternoon.

This time I took an M21 and a law launcher. At the first ambush most of my men survived, and my truck was still intact (the first time, i had to walk back to town).

When back in town I armed some of my men with laws, AA and CG. I also layed some mines in the center of the town. Me and my men resisted the attack quite succesfully. I only had to take out 2 hinds myself with laws, because my men couldn't.

When the fight was over, noting happened. So after some time I got bored and started patrolling the area with the vulcan. I payed a visit to Le Moule and killed all the russians there. I captured a T60 tank and took it home to the base. There I waited again. An nothing happened. It had gotten dark already. Then I thought: lets visit Provins and/or the hospital in the north. Perhaps then something might happen. So I took the T60 and the vulcan, and put my crew in it. On the way we met some friendly tanks, and some enemies too. When I had reached Montignac, I finally got the message that a large attack was coming from the south, and orders to retreat. So I went to Provins. Killed all russians there, but nothing happened. Then we went to the hospital and still nothing happened.

The game just didn't finish sad.gif

Hi,

I played this mission about 4 times and try to figure out all ways to win it.

I also looked at the scripts to find out what happens with the boat that does not drive home.

I don't know wether it is a bug, but this is how to fix the scripts so everything works fine:

-- Extract the files from the C01CONVOY.Eden.pbo file to your users mission-directory in a folder called C01CONVOY.Eden

-- Open the editor and select the second waypoint ( no. 1) from the Mark II PBR boat called "lod"

-- Change the condition from

player == lod (I don't think this can ever be true)

to

player in lod

-- Save the mission and then use StuffPBO to create a new file C01CONVOY.Eden.pbo

-- Make a backup of your old C01CONVOY.Eden.pbo file in the main missions-directory and then copy the new one to this directory.

Thats all. Now when you get in the boat it imeadiatly starts to drive home. ( So make shure the others of your team are in before. )

After a while the mission ends and this is what they say:

--------

On the boat home

Congratulations! You beat back the Russian forces. Excellent work!

---------

So I guess thats a good end.

Personaly I realy like this mission because it is quite complex and there are a lot of ways to handle the russians. But I think with a bit more editing you can make it better and more logical.

DJ Flash - can you please email or post a copy of the edited file, I'll like to try the boat ending.

thanks DJ - that makes a better for a different ending rather than heading of to the other bases. It does look like you were right and this should have been the preffered ending.

Interesting about the Boat ending... though, technically if you've abandoned your position, the Russians have beaten you back.

I had many of these problems over the course of my many tries to complete this mission. Strategy after stategy each different have appeared here. To me, ther most enjoyable way to play is with captured equipment. A single Carl Gustov fired just right into a T80 will kill the driver and (not in all cases) render the vehicle with minor damage only, you then shoot the crew as they get out. While I was unable to capture any of the BMP's or T72's I was able to capture the 2nd T80 that comes from up the road where you were initially ambushed. I've not been able to get the first one in many attempts.

So, with me as commander I order two others into the T80, the rest are in the Vulcan and Bradley, who have survived by hiding amongst the houses.

If you head up the road towards that town the convoy was going to you should notice a realatively undamaged M60A1 parked in the town. I crewed it with my posotive head count.

Next, I head back up towards the coast and notice a T72 patrolling near a Fuel Station, loading a heat round I fire into the drivers compartment at 400 yards. Killed the driver, the crew jumped out and I gunned them down. Unfortunately, the magazine exploded so I wasn't able to recover that tank, another T80 was on my right perched near an M113, the Bradley TOW, my T80 Sabot and the M60 Sabot took it out in one salvo. At this point I have a Vulcan, T80, M60 and the Bradley. In formation I drive all over the map and take out another 4 T80's and at least one BMP along the way, many infantry are engaged but the Vulcan makes short work of them.

I'm not too sure about all this court marshalling you are all speaking about as I have yet to get that status. It is a frustrating mission, but after completing it once I've played it several times again to better my score. I've been focussing on keeping my guys alive as I tend to lose one or both of my APC's before I get to the Hostital.

Laying mines can help but I've been albe to succeed with all men at engage at will and me sitting near the ammo crates with a Carl G in my hands. I hide the Bradley and Vulcan to the right in the house that is sort of an L shape (near rear AT barricade), this provides frontal and right flank (Hind entrance point) protection. So far, when ordered they have taken the Hind out as it flies over their heads, usually the Hind doesn't get the chance to turn around and the crew eject over the water or too low to survive. You have to be quick with the rockets though or the T72's stroll into town and waste your APC's. And yes, the M21 and LAW are the best two starting weapons. After liquidating the BMP's I go get the CG AT rocket. I've not needed the AA so far and the Russians that arrive a bit late on each side of the town are quickly dispatched by the Vulcan, though I assist by taking out the RPG troopers first. The heavy grenadiers are a real pain, they fire so many grenades if your guys are clumped together, they're toast.

Also, as noted by other posts, I have found out first hand that although you only need a gunner and driver in a tank to operate it, they are at least 50% slower in responding to orders and will typically not take the initiative to "engage at will" without a commander. Found this out with the M60, it was the last to engage and usually the battle was over, the Vulcan and Bradley had full crews and were Mapping Tool"lly helpful in most combat situations, though they tend to avoid T80 confrontations, even when ordered - perhaps smart for them, but I wouldn't mind a diversion or two so I could get a round off without getting hit in return.

Oops, a bit long winded smile.gif