Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Prob. with intro activated by addActicon

Ive been using this addAction alot and i wanted to use it for outros, Ie, intros when mission ends.

I used these codes in a trigger so when we use it the a intro would pop up and in the end of that intro we would see the briefing, as when we see it when mission end.

Cond: this and (alive pow2)

On Act: genAct = rto addAction ["msg", "i.sqs"]

a radio was called rto, a message of action would be msg (call Extraction) and the script to be called would be i.sqs (intro).

But the problem here is when someone press the Call Extraction, ONLY that person who press the command will be able to see the intro. The others will not see the intro, but the mission ends anyway.

Question 1: So i ask what do i have to do in order all players see the intro on the same time, using the addAction Command?

I never had this problem in OFP.. (maybe because i never used addAction for finish a mission)

Question 2 when i rescue the pows i also use the addAction command, with a sidetext, but that text only appears on who used the addAction command. The rest of players wount see the text. How i fix this when using the addAction command?

Much appreciated if help appear.

Thanks in advanced.

You tried this ?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">publicVariable " "

i have a PublicVariable in "introend.sqs" at the end.

i have this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...

player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]

camDestroy _camera

titleCut ["","BLACK IN", 3]

"1" objStatus "done"

"3" objStatus "done"

END1=true

PublicVariable "END1"

ForceEnd;

exit

The trigger that have the addAction doesn't have a publicvariable.

but how do i use it for the addAction commands?

maybe add PublicVariable "END1" in the trigger and move that one in the script to the top..?

maybe add PublicVariable "END1" in the trigger and move that one in the script to the top..?

ok, ill do that.. can only be tested with more then 1 player

what about the Question 2?

edit: i might need to ask norrin about this question 2 icon_rolleyes.gif

edit: i might need to ask norrin about this question 2  icon_rolleyes.gif

Hell man you leave me all the hard ones  tounge2.gif  smile_o.gif

Public broadcast hmmm.  I reckon the easiest way to do it would be through a trigger.  Try adding a  line to the POW capture script to broadcast a public variable then have a game logic trigger detect the variable and broadcast the text.  Sorry had a few sherbets tonight not sure whether this will work. crazy_o.gif

<s>I tryed it with several players and it didn't work. I need to find another way to make this work.., ie,

All players must see the outro at same time when 1 player activates the outroend by a addAction.</s>

Im going to try one more time, forgot to change the replaced files.. banghead.gif

HELP please! huh.gif

edit: i might need to ask norrin about this question 2 icon_rolleyes.gif

Hell man you leave me all the hard ones tounge2.gifsmile_o.gif

Public broadcast hmmm. I reckon the easiest way to do it would be through a trigger. Try adding a line to the POW capture script to broadcast a public variable then have a game logic trigger detect the variable and broadcast the text. Sorry had a few sherbets tonight not sure whether this will work. crazy_o.gif

I tryed to use a trigger but i dont know what to put in condition. I tryed to put the command ("pow1" joinsilent team1) but it doesnt work sad_o.gif

I need a more specific help.. Sorry. confused_o.gif

EDIT: Overwrite the text

When the guy uses the call extraction command could this action also make a global variable true (eg: fin = true;) and then broadcast it (eg: publicVariable "fin"wink_o.gif. There would then be a gamelogic trigger on the map that would detect fin (eg. Cond: fin) and run the outro and hopefully everyone would then see it.

I hope this is what you're after.

When the guy uses the call extraction command could this action also make a global variable true (eg: fin = true;) and then broadcast it (eg: publicVariable "fin"wink_o.gif. There would then be a gamelogic trigger on the map that would detect fin (eg. Cond: fin) and run the outro and hopefully everyone would then see it.

I hope this is what you're after.

i thought i had that already..

If you have time free can you please look to the file i sent today (version 1.m)?

i have triggers "END1", "END2", "END3" which also forceEnd..

also have the "Scripts\introend1.sqs" that calls the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">END1=true

PublicVariable "END1"

they should work as you said above. Am i wrong? huh.gif

I've just had a quick look at this and haven't tested it but maybe the triggers that activate on the publicvariables eg END1 are shutting down the mission before the outro has a chance to play as the first statements in introend1 are <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">END1=true

PublicVariable "END1"

"1" objStatus "DONE"

"3" objStatus "DONE"

;camera

Therefore <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Item12

{

position[]={1782.735474,0.889263,1614.393799};

a=0.000000;

b=0.000000;

type="END1";

age="UNKNOWN";

name="END1";

expCond="END1";

expActiv="forceEnd";

expDesactiv="forceEnd";

class Effects

{

};

}; will activate at that point and end the mission.

i would like to add that the person who press the "Call Extraction" is the only person who Really can see the outro, but when outro ends, mission ends for all players, sending them all to debriefing.

I tryed to put the following code

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">END1=true

PublicVariable "END1"

at the star and at the end. I have not noticed any difference what so ever.

Try deleting the editor placed triggers that activate on END1, END2 etc and forceEnd, if this doesn't work I'll set up some tests and try and figure out the problem over the next couple of days.

Try deleting the editor placed triggers that activate on END1, END2 etc and forceEnd, if this doesn't work I'll set up some tests and try and figure out the problem over the next couple of days.

im sure this will not work, because in OFP i had to had them in order to popup the debriefing when the outro finished.

That im sure.

So it does not make sense if i remove it in ARMA huh.gif

In that version i sent you Version 1.m you can have a peak if you want wink_o.gif

note it can only be tested in dedi server with more players

OK Bravo I've got it sorted.

Here's what I did:

1. I created a new boolean variable called fin and defined it as false in the init.sqs

2. I wrote a new script called passVar_END1.sqs that looks like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;passVar_END1

END1 = true;

~1

publicVariable "END1"

~1

exit

3. I then changed the Both alive, intro1 trigger's on activation code from this<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">genAct = radioevac addAction ["Call Extraction", "Scripts\introend1.sqs"]; PublicVariable "END1" to this <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">genAct = radioevac addAction ["Call Extraction", "Scripts\passVar_END1.sqs"]

4. In the ?END1 trigger I removed the onDeac code and changed the onAct code to: []exec "Scripts\introend1.sqs" and the TYPE: None

5. Then in the introend1.sqs I removed the <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">END1 = true

publicVariable "END1" from the start of the code and added a couple of lines of code at the end of this script ie. <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titleCut ["","BLACK IN", 3]

fin = true

PublicVariable "fin"

exit

6. Finally I added a new trigger on the map that would detect fin ie ?fin of type: END #1 and with the onAct: forceEnd

Hope I didn't miss anything

I'll email you a mission with a working example.

thank you very much.

If any bugs appear ill report them

cheers!