Sign in to follow this  
-(DeltaForce)- Delta General

Hey We need A Separtate ghillie sniper addon

I second that, certainly. Who made that sniper model anyway? One very talanted modeller from France, it's all I know...

Why don't you take the Ghillie sniper out of the XAM mod? Obviously you can't release it, because you would need permission from the XAM modders. But if you was using it for personal use, im sure you wouldn't have any problems.

Its only in woodland camo ATM, but its a start! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you take the Ghillie sniper out of the XAM mod? Obviously you can't release it, because you would need permission from the XAM modders. But if you was using it for personal use, im sure you wouldn't have any problems.

Its only in woodland camo ATM, but its a start!

Cause thats 1+ GB of a mod for a single addon. If he plans to make a mission from it, I'm not sure many people would wish to download XAM mod just to have 1 addon for the mission to work.

My main dude, Maximus-Sniper, produced an excellent mod for OFP, called RAST. It had a USMC-style ghillied scout/sniper team, some excellent weapons, and unique scripts.

I've contacted Maximus-Sniper about continuing the RAST mod for ArmA, and he sounded interested. He was just not sure where to start as ArmA is so different than OFP, the tools hadn't been released yet, and his scripter was no longer available.

Maximus-Sniper was still here not so long ago, but I haven't seen a post from him in while.

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you take the Ghillie sniper out of the XAM mod? Obviously you can't release it, because you would need permission from the XAM modders. But if you was using it for personal use, im sure you wouldn't have any problems.

Its only in woodland camo ATM, but its a start!

Cause thats 1+ GB of a mod for a single addon. If he plans to make a mission from it, I'm not sure many people would wish to download XAM mod just to have 1 addon for the mission to work.

Your missing the concept mate.

Yes, your right, if he's going to release the mission public, they will all need the XAM mod, but if he's going to keep it private, like within a clan or just friends, then he can rip the Ghillie out for the time being.

I have tried it once before, the Ghillie in the XAM mod is about 40mb. So that means only he will have to download XAM mod then shares the Ghillie with he's friends. But remember this is only if he intends on keeping the mission private.