Sign in to follow this  
stilton

Weapon Holding Position..

I have made my custom FN-P90 for Arma, and have it working ingame... (although i am remaking the model and texture as we speak) - i'm incredibly pleased to have got this far...

But because of the shape of it and the fact that the magazine sits on top of the gun, the general holding position and reload look extremely 'off'

i have downloaded a few addons for Arma but i haven't seen any examples of custom reload/holding animations for guns.. im wondering if anyone would be able to tell me...

..if its possible to make custom animations for Arma?

..what files i'd have to make/edit

and if possible ..any tips/links to tutorials about OfpAnim (im assuiming this is what you'd need to use to make them?

but yeh any information would be appreciated, even if its just 'not possible at the moment' lol smile_o.gif - although that would be dissapointing

thanks

you can only make anims in o2 PE for Arma

you have to specify new animation sequence in the config for selected unit (like in ofp) all others will use standart anims

[...]

you have to specify new animation sequence in the config for selected unit (like in ofp) all others will use standart anims

You forgot to mention that unit will use that specific animation for ALL weapons (not just for, in this case, the P90), so he'll hold an M16 like a P90 etc. Its a weird way of doing things, Ghost Recon had points you could define on the weapons if I remember correctly, so you could specifiy where the left hand went, and where the right hand went and the game did the rest.

hmmm thats a shame, could i not put something in the weapons cpp so it would only use my own animations for my weapon..

ive extracted all the stock animations as well, from the Anims.pbo - to take a look at them, but the naming convention seems a bit... confusing biggrin_o.gif

so if anyone had any idea as to what that was all about as well, apprecaited.. because ill surely be able to have a look at the existing mp5 animations, make my own new ones around what they look like and somehow write that into the config.cpp ...im hoping confused_o.gif

..this is all a bit new to me, thanks in advance smile_o.gif

[...]because ill surely be able to have a look at the existing mp5 animations,  make my own new ones around what they look like and somehow write that into the config.cpp  ...im hoping[...]

Afraid not. The MP5 holding animations are the exact same as the holding animations used for every other rifle/SMG (its the same file used AFAIK). The animations are, once again as in OFP, defined by the UNIT, rather than the weapon they're holding (which would have made more sense in my opinion). This means that if you code the unit to use a new set of P90-holding animations, he'll use those animations no matter what weapon he/she is holding, whether they be holding a P90, M16 or M107.

As for the naming convention, I have no idea as I have not looked into it, but I'm sure someone else already has and will be able to help you out.

Quote[/b] ]As for the naming convention, I have no idea as I have not looked into it, but I'm sure someone else already has and will be able to help you out.

search the biki. there's explanation

i have searched the biki using the 'search' function.. using.. wait for it...

animation naming conventions

but sadly, sweet f.a came up...

...i cant be the only one to think that the biki is poorly indexed.. like i said on the comments on the biki...

..if you know, would you mind posting where bdfy?

thanks a lot, now when i get home from work i can carry on making my addon wink_o.gif