Sign in to follow this  
astatine

Patch Installation Errors

Hey,

I've got the 505 DVD edition of the game and I've thus downloaded the european update from 1.04 to 1.05 and the 1.05 to 1.08 patch too.

When i try and install the patch it gives me an error message saying "error found in xxxxx.pbo 000000001=000000000!" (where xxxxx is the name of the pbo, like air, building etc)

This also appears in the log for the patch

cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Any ideas?

I'm running XP, athlon 3000+ processor, 1.5Gb RAM, Nvidia 6800 LE graphics.

Cheers.

I have exactly the same problem. The strange thing, is that i've used the same files earlier to install. But after installing the hotfix for 1.08 i got a strange crash. so wanted to do a clean install from scratch again....and then I get the same error as you.

pretty annoying

Might be a corrupt download? A friend of mine had a similar issue where he downloaded different patches from everywhere but they were all corrupt when he tried to install them.

The solution he took was finding out if his RAM was corrupt, and by taking one of his 512MB sticks out it worked. Might be worth a go? smile_o.gif

Might be a corrupt download? A friend of mine had a similar issue where he downloaded different patches from everywhere but they were all corrupt when he tried to install them.

The solution he took was finding out if his RAM was corrupt, and by taking one of his 512MB sticks out it worked. Might be worth a go?  smile_o.gif

I'm having the same problem

I found some faulty RAM in my system. I removed the culprit, however I'm still getting this error. Its really starting to annoy me now

I can install patch 1.5, but not 1.8 (My game is the 1.4 505 Games UK edition)

If it makes any difference, I'm also having patching trouble with a couple of other games too, notably Company of Heroes and Battlefield 2