Sign in to follow this  
Gonzo75

Vista support

I know... Vista is not supported, but there's a chance that a next patch will add Vista support ?

I have Vista 64bit with 4gb DDRII 800 + E6700 dual core + 8800gts 640mb and ArmA doesn't start sad_o.gif

It works for me with Vista Home Premium 32bit.

Runs better than with Win2K, until it crashes. sad_o.gif

Hope the SP1 for Vista will help, if not i stick to Win2k Prof. a few years longer. icon_rolleyes.gif

What's ETA on SP1 for Vista? Any1? Alot of ppl have high hopes for that update..

I know... Vista is not supported, but there's a chance that a next patch will add Vista support ?

I have Vista 64bit with 4gb DDRII 800 + E6700 dual core + 8800gts 640mb and ArmA doesn't start sad_o.gif

Try right clicking the exe then click properties. After the little window pops up click the tab named compatibility.

You should see something saying "Run this in compa...." Tick that box and try Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Hopefully you can, but i've never tried it on Vista, let alone 64bit OS.

I have the same specs as the top poster (except my CPU is the model up  smile_o.gif ).  I also have the same problem with Vista 64Bit Ultimate.

The compatibility mode setting doesn't work, or any command line switches I could find.  Suspect its a pretty major problem not just associated with 64bit but also with the 8800 and drivers.

Eventually, I got the menu to "load".  But no textures were loaded, so it looked something like piccasso would paint as a child. It was only on guessing where the exit button was in the main menu that I was able to exit.

My solution was just to set myself up as a dual boot, and run ArmA quite happily from WinXP.  Considering ArmA isn't using either 64bit architecture, or DX10, it was only really a convenience factor for me to load it up on Vista.  Definately recommend installing it on either WinXP or Win2k, I have run it on both very stable.  I even have it running outstanding on Win server 2003.