Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

DMSmokeEffects Beta 4

Not done yet i presume. DM has been working on an island for one. He will lay it down on us soon enough, and its gonna rock for sure.

LMFAO biggrin_o.gif

And Oden! Nice to see you! You're probably one of only a few people around here who "gets" that. biggrin_o.gif

3-4 week for V5...

That is great.  I thought DMarkwick had given up on this for actually playing the game.  It is pretty fricken great right now.

I see that V5 will be a MP version.

Question about V4x.  What was not Mp-able with V4?

Should my little group that has been using V4.3b view block all have been having issues in multiplayer?

Because it has been all gravey for us.  We are a small group 3 guys and most of the time run Co-op hosted on one of our computers (non dedicate).  We do play weekly so it is a regular event.  But even our quarterly LAN party have been successful with out real issues.

It works great.  

Thanks for all the effort.  Arma would not be even close to as fun with out being able to toss smoke and move in behind it.

(the smoke looks awesome when a tank goes up off in the distance)

Keep up all the great work.

Styxx

Any news? biggrin_o.gif

rofl.gif

You must be blind! wink_o.gif

Only kidding. I'm not sure if you saw this after you posted here this morning. DM put up a new thread in the discussions section just a few hours before your post. Albeit, he made us do a "little work" finding the news regarding V5. biggrin_o.gif Sneaky, sneaky. wink_o.gif

Check out said thread in the link below, excellent link to teaser video on youtube as well.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=74009

EDIT:

I apologize if I'm a bit slow today. After seeing your post again I can't help but think you were just screwing around and having a bit o' fun.(Possibly at my expense nonetheless. rofl.gif ) After careful examination and contemplation of the location of the smilies, I got the feeling you may have seen the V5 update.

Regardless, I figured I should mention the new thread just in case. The excitement of a new DMSmokeEffects and an upcoming release needs to be shared immediately. rofl.gif

3-4 week for V5...

That is great. I thought DMarkwick had given up on this for actually playing the game. It is pretty fricken great right now.

I see that V5 will be a MP version.

Question about V4x. What was not Mp-able with V4?

Should my little group that has been using V4.3b view block all have been having issues in multiplayer?

Because it has been all gravey for us. We are a small group 3 guys and most of the time run Co-op hosted on one of our computers (non dedicate). We do play weekly so it is a regular event. But even our quarterly LAN party have been successful with out real issues.

It works great.

Thanks for all the effort. Arma would not be even close to as fun with out being able to toss smoke and move in behind it.

(the smoke looks awesome when a tank goes up off in the distance)

Keep up all the great work.

Styxx

LOL, no the 3-4 weeks is somewhat of an old Falcon 4 joke smile_o.gif Smoke Effects v5.1 will be available no later than this Monday, possibly earlier. I'm hoping to test it out online myself this weekend but if not then I'll just release it untested and wait for the reports smile_o.gif

V4.3 is not MP ready in that if you were all to take screenshots of the same scene from the same place, each of you would see something different. V5.1 will hopefully transmit the same smoke effects to all machines.

No worries, Manzo. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, it was kinda a setup by me. I knew he was getting close, so I figured I'd help re-stir the interest. :thumbs:

He's makes good stuff. yay.gif

Only a question, sorry if was answered before... is this smokeffects v5.1 blocking the AI view?.

Thanks.

Only a question, sorry if was answered before... is this smokeffects v5.1 blocking the AI view?.

Thanks.

Not by default, but you can switch it on.

Even the smoke grenades launched by the "throw" action (not the "fire" action) will have the viewblock functionality enabled?.

Even the smoke grenades launched by the "throw" action (not the "fire" action) will have the viewblock functionality enabled?.

Smoke grenades are removed and are now in a separate addon, their functionality is not changed. Unless BIS fixed the bug, the problem remains.