Sign in to follow this  
hcdlt

Performance problem

I've already tried a lot of things to solve this problem: I've played it with Win9x and Win2000 and everything was fine, but in WinXP I don't get more than 10 fps.

I'm running OFP on the following PC:

-Athlon 1200

-Geforce 3 Ti500

-Soundblaster Live!

-512 MB RAM

so there should be more frames, shouldn't they?!

My nVidia drivers are an official release (23.11).

so what's up?

Anyone who knows and solved this problem?confused.gif

I don't have any anti-alias enabled. I already said that i've tried everything possible. that means I adjusted my settings to the lowest level there is and nothing changes.

Yesterday i reinstalled win98 and everything works fine at the highest detail level and 1024x768, so it has to be a problem with WinXP.

Maybe we should ask some programmers of OFP whether they know what's wrong with that game in XP.

Run performance monitor and tell us how much free memory you have before and after running OFP. Also, swap file in use before and after. I know Win2k is a memory hog, dunno about XP, so maybe you can tell us after you do as I suggested.

OF needs more CPU power than GPU power cause of the AI.

Get a more powerful processor. Also that CPU might be a bottleneck for your card. Oh the Hammers are coming biggrin.gif

Its not CP power - I have an Althlon 1.4 and OF runs very well (except for the poor programming which causes memory leaks and massive slow downs after a few missions)

my spec:

Athlon 1.4

GF 2 PRO (23.11 drivers)

512 DDR RAM

It looks like its XP thats the problem sad.gif

Those nvidia detonator 23.11 are known to cause problems too ya know wink.gif