Sign in to follow this  
PASTOR

Removing a map ID

I am working on a new mission (my first actually) and I was wondering how can I remove a few items from the map?

I want to get rid of the fixed bar gate, a house and a busstop. How do I go about to do this? I have ID's but can someone please help me with a script on how to do this?

In this image you see the items I want to get rid of

fixed.gif

There has to be a way to do this! Somebody, please!

I heard someone had good results destroying the object first and placing the ruins in the ocean afterwards.

You can try this - you may have to play around with it though.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//fx: nul=[174727, (getPos player)] execVM "thisUntestedScript.sqf"; (substitute player with a gamelogic or smth max 50m away from the bargate)

_objID = _this select 0; //what you want removed

_pos = _this select 1; // position near the object

_faraway = [-5000,-5000,-50];

_obj = _pos nearestObject _objID;

_pos = getPos _obj;

_obj setDamage 1;

_obj setPos _faraway;

_obj = nearestObject _pos;

_obj setPos _faraway;

destroying a object as in exploding it? That wont work for my map I'm afraid as the objects are surrounded with barbed wire, soldiers and so on. An explosion will create a non desired effect. I have read so many places that using the ID one can remove an object, but I am unable to find out the exact code to do this.

Anyway, I really appreciate the help HulkingUnicorn, and will of course try and see what happens.

Using setDamage 1 on a gate shouldn't create an explosion - unless you've been tweaking the game excessively wink_o.gif

If that poses a problem for some reason, you could always put the wire and men there after getting rid of the object (assuming my method works at all).