Sign in to follow this  
Tom Gore

Problems with XP Prof. RC1 evaluation version

Missions I create with 1.30 and XP Prof. RC1 evaluation version do not work. For example none of the End#x triggers work (they work but the mission won't end), none of the group waypoint or triggers are detected (seems like the game does not recognize the group at all).

Endings seem to work fine in old SP missions I have.

Anyone else have the same problem? I am using NTFS.

Tom, did you hear about Windows XP Final by now? smile.gif

yeah, stop freeloading on demos.

anyway, getting an evaluation of an OS is pretty stupid, but getting it of XP should be illegal!

believe me, i got xp prof

Stop use a pre-release version of an operating system and get the full release version. I have spoken to may people about using XP and games and the large majority (90%) have said it is the way to go.

This is actually a legal retailer 180 day evaluation version, which came on a very legal disk and very legal product key. They distributed these on an XP publishing conference. I will buy the full version as soon as I get my tax refunds in december wink.gif

But it is good to know it might be just this version. Anyone have any similiar problems with the final version and NTFS?

Hi there,

I have not been online for a while,

BUT I have recently converted both my HD's to NTFS with windows XP (HOME), I hope I do not have all these problems, as it is a good game!

mr z something you might want to take note of actually all users of xp or win2k. it is based off of windows nt/windows 2000 technology. with ntfs it cannot be seen with any dos

or fat16 drives. you may never have a problem with it but you should at least be aware. also xp and nt/2k ,the operating system doesnt allow direct hardware access by programs other than itself so if you have an app that tries to control memory , cpu, video etc... it may seem as if it works but it wont. unless it is able to be installed as a service of the o/s. so if you experience any odd problems for which you have no explanation it is most likey due to one of these types of conflicts. as long as your drivers and apps are specifically written for the o/s you should be fine. as for using an eval. it is completely legal as long as you dont mind reinstalling all the time.

I upgraded to the final version of XP and have yet to test the groups functionality.

The real problem came in multiplayer where there were players and computer-controlled soldiers in the same group. I had a trigger "grouped" to the group with the condition of any group member being present. Somehow the trigger did not detect any of the group members being present no matter who or even all were well within the trigger boundary. Everything worked well with single player/preview.

The endings not working "bug" was actually my fault. I had two triggers with the same ending type. (d'uh! why can't I have two different triggers with the same ending without making a total of 3 trigs?)

tom i highly doubt(but couldnt guarantee) that ntfs has anything to do with it. i can tell you a lot about the o/s's

but im not mission master i have found the editor to very unforgiving and somewhat unflexible with some things. i wish they had some premade scripts included with it as i really dont have the patients to try to figure scripting out. i dloaded the codes and its basically greek to me.

Well I have created lots and lots of missions with even moderately complex scripts. My problem is that the things that used to work don't work any more, at least not the way they used to.

What I am trying to do with this thread is to determine if it has to do with XP or 1.30, since I upgraded both between the time I last made any missions.

its most likely related to to the 1.30 upgrade. xp will only limit a programs ability to make changes to the hardware. from your post this far it isnt a video problem, it could be memory allocation but it should generate a failure error with the address dump. try completly removing ofp then reinstall it and upgrade it. it may be a hassle but i think it will help pin the problem down.

OK, Well I have reinstalled OPF and updated to 1.3 and got the Red Hammer Missions while Christmas Shopping smile.gif Everthing works fine except the Laser Designator thing when I use Hardware T&L (yes I do have a Geforce Card), it used to keep dumping me to windows when anyone used it, switched of Hardware T&L and all works fine!