Sign in to follow this  
Praxtor

Machine For Dedicated Server

Hello i want rend one dediated server computerfor can install one Armed Assalt server for more of 40 Slots but the cuestion is with machine is the googd machine and have not problems of lag or other things, i have two machines:

Dell PE860 Dualcore Pentium 2,8 and 2 GB DDR2

or

Dell PE1425 Dual Xeon 3,2 and 2 GB DDR2

I think the second is the best but one normal DualCore is enought of i need more machine?

I want Team speak server too in the machine.

Best Regards

i have a dedicated with 2gb ddr2 mem, amd64 x2 3800+ (2.0ghz) and a 80gb 7200rpm hdd.

It's running fine and never run out of resources. I have never seen the cpu to run at 100% either...even on heavy maps like evolution...i would go for the dual core..

The Xeon is probably ya best choice they are server chips afterall and you have 2 of them.

sorry i didn't notice, it's a dual xeon....which goes without discussion that you should use that server...

Ok, thanks a lot I think i will put Xeon is a little few expensive but is best solution, and i want team Speak server inside and i think can be more powerfull and not to much expensive.

Thanks a lot.

wink_o.gif

Don't want to hijack your thread but I was wondering if there is something to do with my old rig. It's an Athlon XP2600 OC to +3200 1gb DDR400 (if I'm not mistaken). I know it wouldnt be a big server but just wondering.

Don't want to hijack your thread but I was wondering if there is something to do with my old rig. It's an Athlon XP2600 OC to +3200 1gb DDR400 (if I'm not mistaken). I know it wouldnt be a big server but just wondering.

try it and see how it goes...;)

Unless you need to install an OS etc on it, it only takes a few minutes. Put a dedicated server on your old computer, run it. Open ports 2302 and edit server.cfg and your away!