Sign in to follow this  
dave317

Scripting noob

Hi guys im kind of new here and hoping you can help me out.

Im making a mission that requires 8 men to eject out of a chopper but i can't get my head around how it works. I have got the script and know how to call it but when the chopper reached the trigger it says ' script (name of script) not found'. As far as i know the script has to be put in the My documents/ArmA other profiles/missions/(name of mission directory). Is this right? Also i read that it has to be in Wordpad, how do i do that?

Thanks for any help.

Well, If you want to do it script less, you can just make a way point that says get out. The pilot will say disembark, and then it will automatically make you jump out.

Really, i thought that would make the chopper land and the troops get out.

open a notepad, type this----> unit action ["eject",unit]

save it as "SQS" and put it in your mission folder. the unit which ofcourse you'll have to name will eject from your other unit. You'll have to name both, for examle

soldier1 action ["eject", helicopter1]

Thanks for the reply but how do i save it as an SQS?

I open a new notepad and put in the text as above then when i try to 'save as' i can only save it as a text document[*.txt]

You rename the extension to .sqs manually. Right click rename and change the extension by typing it in.

If you cant see the extension of files you need to change your folder options in Windows/Controll panel OR download another editors mission with scripts and just copy their .sqs files and rename and edit the .sqs.

Thank you so much it worked yay.gif .  I used another sqs file from a different mission then deleted the contents and put my own script in then renamed it and it works fine.  Thanks again.