Sign in to follow this  
proxemo666

Training map

Hey fellas. I'm trying to make target E (the blue targets) stay in the down position and using a trigger (when blufor) activates it, have the target E popup for them to shoot back down (2-3 shots).

I have placed a ton of these target E and adjusted their probability of showing up accordingly. I would also like to know how to reset the targets (and the probability of occurrence) after a team has walked through the area using some sort of control mechanism.

What I mean by this is that lets say that after a team shoots down all the targets, they go back to the beginning and at a certain object (tent or something) a prompt saying "reset target" displays on screen. When the user selects this, not only do the targets reset but so does the probability of occurrence so that a different set of targets pop up (though the same targets may again be used just not the EXACT same ones for all of them) i.e. out of 5 targets, targets 1,3,5 are used during the first run. When the player resets the targets, targets 2,3,4,5 are used.

I'm a semi-noob when it comes to editing/scripting so be gentle.

I have gone through the process of naming everyone of those targets, adjusting each individual probability of occurrence and grouped them in specified triggers. (targets a1-a10 are in trigger A; targets b1-b10 are in trigger b)...etc. After this, I'm lost.

Thanks in advanced!

Also, I'd rather not use radio commands

First off all Is this for Multiplayer or singleplayer

The Etargets go down when they are destroyed, so this means.

Targername setdamage 1

would put the target down

To get it up again simply change the 1 to a 0.

So if you want your target to be down at start you put

this setdamage 1

In its initline (unitplacementscreen)

Then you put down a trigger set the activation to bluefor and check if there is a box around pressent.

Then in the onactivation field you put

Targetname setdamage 0

If someone shoots it again it will stay down for ever until you put them up again by a trigger.

hope its clear enough for you.

Would this work if you wanted to subsitute AI for the pop-up targets?

Would this apply to what we need here?

radio alpha

***Edit: Just tried it. Works great for the target...not on a though. sad_o.gif

Apparently this script doesn't work in MP. How would I get this to work in MP?

I tried hosting it and none of the scripts work?