Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

buggy smokescreen, with 6th_sense

As topic says, I'm having trouble getting addon smoke grenades and such to work as they should. AI now spots me right through the smoke, as if the invisible view block item isn't there anymore.

If I manually add the viewblock object, I'm insivible behind it, but it appears that smoke no longer adds this item.

I tried with builtin grenades and addon grenades (and MAP_throw weapon, added through my units init field). I had the MAP_Init gamelogic named server (although this was singleplayer testing only).

Any ideas? Been a while since I worked with ArmA now...

I'm sorry that I cannot help with your immediate problem Carl, but as an addon maker myself I'm very interested in this viewblock object, which I've never heard of before.

Obviously as I make smoke effect addons it's of prime interest to me, and perhaps one day to you too, I'd absolutely love to add viewblock items too my effects, which will include smoke grenade effects one day.

Can you tell me more about the viewblock item please? I might not be able to help you right now, but perhaps soon you will have access to lots of realistic viewblock enabled smoke effects smile_o.gif

Well, I don't know much more about it than it is located as a misc object, MAP:Misc, and View Block as unit. It appears that only the View Block big type is working properly, as far as I can tell that is.

Well, I don't know much more about it than it is located as a misc object, MAP:Misc, and View Block as unit. It appears that only the View Block big type is working properly, as far as I can tell that is.

Hmm... OK I will check it out thanks smile_o.gif