Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

What happened to the editing tutorials?

I remember, just a few weeks after ArmA's release, there were a few people working on comprehensive editing guides using ArmA's scripting language. One in particular was a professional translation of Mr. Murray's ArmA Editing guide book. It's almost been a year and I haven't seen him since. There were many others as well that said they were working on something very similar.. but since its release at the end of November last year I have seen nothing.

I know of the OFP tutorials, but before I commit to reading some poorly translated tutorial that treats you as a beginner on page 1 then thinks your god on page 30...Then I'd have to relearn parts with the changes between ArmA and OFP.. I'm going to wait until any one of these guides is published.

Has anyone released anything at all in the last 9.5 months?

I've tried diving into scripting in the past with OFP many times. But with programming coming up next semester for College, I figured learning scripting would help break the ice before going full blown PC programming.

Hi Victor

I´m on the run to finalize my Editing Guide!

Here you can read sth. about it.

I´m very buzy with it and I hope it will be printed very soon!

At first it will come only as German but the English version will come a little bit later.

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

While the bigger tutorials are still brewing, there's a lot of advice on various editing issues on www.ofpec.com. Most of the OFP scripting works in ArmA so far, and a lot of the tweaks necessary are discussed there FYI.

Mr. Murry,

Please keep us abreast of your progress. This guide, as well as the assistance give in forums such as this and OPEC is very much need. Some of us try really hard to figure it out, I hope all will rememeber than when some ask a question or may ask for further guidance. I have found in my struggle there are some differences.

The funny thing is heh... I live next to Murray Ave. so I think about your tutorial... kinda every time I drive past it wink_o.gif

On another note: I've decided not to dive into OFP's editing guides due to the fact that I don't want a single hitch to go wrong when the instructions say: "Type this, and you will see A"... but then I see B and get frustrated. I was just hoping someone was working on it. I realize Mr. Murray's a busy man... I just wish by now at least someone would have had at least a few comprehensive tutorials in ArmA.

Especially beginner to advanced/expert camera tutorial scripting biggrin_o.gif - I've been thinking about getting back into videos for ArmA but don't know if I want to commit to the same crap I've generated in the past (without knowing any scripting).

A question to Mr. Murray, are you typing your book? Or are you having someone type it for you? My question is: With the scripting examples you type into the book: Will those scripts be available online as well? Or do you think its a good practice to have to write the code yourself to learn better?

-------

If there are others out there besides the almighty Mr. Murray, I'd like to read up on it.

Hi all!

Murray Ave?! Please make a picture of it wink_o.gif *rofl*

I typing my book by myself. here is no one who´s helping me.

Only by the translation into English. The included scripts will

be available online as well. Thats a fact wink_o.gif

Now I´m still buzy to final the guide and I´m very sure that

it´ll be very helpful for everyone of us. For me, too wink_o.gif

Ok, I have to go. Se ya´ll later.

Regards,

Mr-Murray

guidecoverlil.jpg

Hi all

Please let me introduce the two crazy guys who´re still

busy with the translation of the/my Armed Assault Editing Guide.

The guys are:

Memphisbelle and Dan

I have to say that I´m very proud to this guys because

they have a lot of work with it. The result will be a very

very big manual for the english community.

I hope it will be ready very soon to publish it!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray